2014 toyota tundra spy shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the greenhouse is the same ... looks like the bed is the same. I'm guessing just a grille upgrade and some suspension tweaks?

2014? Didnt they just redo this truck? Guess it wasnt as great as they made it out to be.

How about an optional "tommy gate" lift to get items in and out of the bed.

These pickup truck designers are complete idiots with their views on what a pickUP truck should look like.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
2014? Didnt they just redo this truck? Guess it wasnt as great as they made it out to be.

The current Tundra has been unchanged since 2007 AFAIK.

Comparing the roof line, windows, and pillars this 'new' Tundra CrewMax looks very similar to the current 2nd gen Tundra CrewMax. I'm guessing a facelift but not a complete re-design.

I willing to bet the bed length is the same 5.5' as the current CrewMax. Most 1/2 ton crew cabs have this length box (Ford does have a 6.5' option and believe GM's next gen pickup will also offer this).

For some reason, and I think it's the steelies, when I first say the pics I thought "Ridgeline".

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Well then time sure flies! It was 2008 when they had those goofy commercials of the truck going up-and-down ramps, and stopping at the edge of the Grand Canyon?

Where have my years gone?

At least the tundra seems to be built in the USA...

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Well then time sure flies! It was 2008 when they had those goofy commercials of the truck going up-and-down ramps, and stopping at the edge of the Grand Canyon?

Where have my years gone?

At least the tundra seems to be built in the USA...

From Wiki:
In the spring of 2008 Toyota moved all Tundra production to the Texas plant.[citation needed] All Tundra engines and transmissions are built in the United States.[citation needed] As sales fell in 2008, production of Tundra at San Antonio stopped for three months.[

Looks the same to me, other than the ugly grill.

engine line up doesnt look that spectacular either.

843736_10151424013909201_1058104929_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: mikered30
843736_10151424013909201_1058104929_o.jpg

Well I like the color but other than that I'm going to say missed opportunity on Toyota's part. Mismatched proportions come to mind for me. The grill is too much IMO. As Overkill said, definately some F150 influencing on the interior design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back