K&N Good Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado with the 6.2. When I changed the oil for the first time I put in a K&N filter. Now I have been using their filters for some time with very good results.

But this time, I got a leak around the gasket. Nothing I did would stop the leak. Knowing its possible that the this one filter could have a defect, I emailed the company. Within minutes, I received a reply. They asked that I send the a picture of the filter and where's leaking. The following day, I got an email apologizing for my inconvenience. Company sent me three filters to replace the ones I used on my truck.

Great company and great response!

Huh... nice. I've only used a few of their filters, never had a failure. Sorry to hear you had a failed filter, glad you spotted it and it worked out.

Very nice of K&N to answer a consumer and help the consumer.

Pic's of the filter would be nice.....if possible.

What is the part number of the K&N oil filter used???

My guess is that Champ Labs are giving them such a deal on the filters in the first place,they can afford to take a hit on a few.Afterall,they do charge a pretty penny for them.
Good to see a company not hesitate to rectify a problem quickly though..Dont ask me about the run around I had with Grant Steering wheels a number of years back...total stonewalling.Sure puts a bad taste in ones mouth,and its not forgotten.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
My guess is that Champ Labs are giving them such a deal on the filters in the first place,they can afford to take a hit on a few.Afterall,they do charge a pretty penny for them.
Good to see a company not hesitate to rectify a problem quickly though.

Absolutely. We've heard about pretty good customer service from K&N. That can be worth a little higher price all on its own.

Instead of shipping some oil to top off after replacing leaking filter, they shipped 2 extra K&N filters to compensate. It's nice of them to do that.

I had the pics on my phone. Just before K&N asked for the pics I was under the truck wiping everything up. So the pics dont show a whole lot.

I was using the 1017. I could not see anything wrong with the seal. I even checked the block where the filter mounts to check for debris. I could not spot anything.

And I agree, good customer service is worth the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back