Good handgun cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was checking into some handgun cases under $15 locally and found some MTM, Plano, and Flambeau cases. Which one of these is the best quality, in your opinion?

Plano used to make some incredible tackle boxes.
That being said $15 doesn't go very far these days.

It all depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend.
I have friends that dropped $100 and up on smaller Pelican cases.

The more I read and look at the manufacturers' websites, MTM is the ONLY company that offers any type of warranty - and a 5 year no questions asked warranty at that. I think that's worth it alone to go with them.

Hardshell plastic handgun cases: I have a small MTM, & a medium sized Dockosil. A couple of years ago I handled pair of Planos. Other than individual preference for different features(say, the sliding sleeve Dockosil latches vs the snap-tab MTM latches, has/doesn't have padlock holes, etc), I don't see a nickel's worth of practical difference between them. All will do a good job of carrying & protecting your short gun. If you can handle them in a local store, I say open & close 'em, look at differences, & choose the one you like best.

I have a BLACKHAWK! Sportster...$9.99
BLACKHAWK! website

It fits my Ruger P89 fine even with the longer ported barrel installed. The P Series is a fairly large pistol anyway.

IMG_2627_zps7b516b10.jpg

IMG_2628_zps2c6d5985.jpg

IMG_2631_zpsfaa4957e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back