Hemi-lazy gas pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Clevy
440 magnum. Awesome post. Thank you for the insight. My truck in an 05. It doesn't have overdrive off,just tow haul mode. It's a 4 speed I think,not the 5 speed,unless I'm missing a gear.

Last use of a 4-speed behind a gasoline engine in a Ram was 2002. The diesels used the 47RE and 48RE much longer (2006 or so). The normal shift pattern of the 545RFE makes it almost totally impossible to detect the shift between 4 and 5 (or 5 and 6 depending on whether you call 3 3 or 2' :p) That's because the convertor is doing partial lockups and unlocks, and the ratios between 4 and 5 are really really close anyway. What "tow haul" actually does in trucks that don't also allow "O/D off" is a bit of a mystery to me.

Actually, the whole RFE family of trannies work on voodoo and black arts. ;-) But at least they WORK reliably, much moreso than some of their predecessors and a few of their competitors.

Really. So my 05 is a 5 speed. AWESOME. Thank you for that info.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
1) Turn key to ON position (not ACC), but DO NOT start engine.... now wait a few seconds for the dash lights to clear

2) slowly & steadily press accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and then slowly release at same rate.
NOTE: This step must be done ONE TIME only to ensure accelerator pedal position sensor calibration has been
learned by the ECM

3) Leave ignition switch ON for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will allow the PCM to learn the new electrical parameters

Turn the key off and then restart. Note extremely responsive throttle!

Now we are talking.
Thank you very much Steve.

Steve knows his stuff
thumbsup2.gif

K. I just ran out and followed Steve's method. It's -35 and I'm letting the truck warm up,the boy has hockey,so I'll update this thread once I get him on the ice. I tether my iPad to my phone so I can keep myself occupied.

Thanks agin everyone.

Wow. Night and day difference.
Thanks Steve. I think I'm going to do this before every start. Keep the ECU in limbo

I think I paid around 350.00 from a internet speed shop, they sent the right programmer but the program must have been for the 04's. It wouldnt load, so SC had me download a copy of the stock programming and send it in and they wrote a new one for it. There customer service was great, this was 7 years ago, its worked great since. Sounds like you can get a nice custom tune from your shop, that will be even better than my canned tune..

No offense on the Superchips users, but Diablosport offers a whole lot more for less money.

Plus I know one of their tuners well, he offers email tunes for a simple donation, whatever you can pay. He's very experienced with the Hemis, as their programming is unique.

No offense taken, back when I was shopping them, there were only a few options, SC, Hypertech ans some real questionable ones, I think Diablosport had some nice diesel programs at the time, hemi stuff was limited from what I remember. I am definitely out of the loop these days on the current best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back