Synergyn Oil Treatment by Dyson Oil (OK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this today at a local automotive supply shop. That oil treatment contains teflon. This product would not be by "our" Terry, would it?

No, I don't believe this is our Dyson, as in Terry Dyson. I'm sure He'll chime in though.

I bet he will!
grin.gif

i had the same question recently and a quick search on this board revealed that Terry is not affiliated with this company. I did not know this contained Teflon, where is that info from? If true glad i decided to wait on getting or trying this stuff.

I am NOT the Dyson oil guys. We are related from pre civil war days though. Some big split no one can figure out. We even look alike, scary...I don't market anything but my oil analysis consult and analysis. Do a search and you can find more info here at BITOG or on the web.

Don't even know if the Dyson Brothers own Dyson oil or Synergyn any more.

I was sponsored by them in 1998 for my ProSportsCar/IMSA Oldsmobile racing endeavor. The common name did help promote them on SpeedVision but the level of support from them to our racing was limited by them throwing money down the NASCAR and NHRA drains.

They however made great lube products.

The product that I was familiar with was "ENGINE TREATMENT WITH TEFLON" DY -017, was REQUESTED by customers so they made it. They did not promote it nor did I use it, nor recommend it.

Their chief chemist was a former Amsoil chemist from the cutting edge days when amsoil was breaking into the market,and I think he is a genius. Have since lost track of him and Dyson oil.

Anything else they made was/ is excellent and the "synergyn" add was a cutting edge ester technology we ran in the Quad 4 and trans that really worked well. I was running the 3w-30 when my competition was still using 15w and 20w 50 syn oils. They all told me I was nuts, including the Olds vand BILMAR engineers but my engines ( 2 ) lasted all season and are about to begin being raced in Canada again.

Thanks for the clarification, Terry.

By the way, "The Dyson Brothers" sounds like the name of a band.
wink.gif

I just spoke to Scott at Synergyn oil and they quit making a Teflon product at least 4-5 years ago. That would make it 2000 to be safe if you bought this product after 2001 and unless it says right on the label it DOESN'T contain TEFLON. I think I will go ahead with my OCI using the 3/30 in the fall as planned.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back