LC/FP dosage confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone point me to the thread which discusses the proper mixing ratios of both LC and FP. They will be arriving tomorrow and from what I have read so far, for older cars like mine it is recommended to initially add the 2oz/quart to be more on the aggressive side rather than 1oz/quart which is the more conservative side. FP says "1oz/5gallons o fuel or 3oz for shock treatment." Are they talking about 3oz/5gallons or 3oz/tank. My truck takes on easily 20gallons of fuel so there would be a conflict between the 1oz/5gallons and 3oz/tank as initial shock treatment.

Could the administrator also place a top link in this thread where user could add their opinions as to what the proper dosage amounts for this product are so that we do not have to hunt it down in the forums. Thanks.

It won't harm anything to go higher than recommended from testing to date. You just waste LC and FP60 if you do.

For my analysis customers I recommend the dosages based on what I see in the testing results.

Generally 2 ounces LC per qt capacity is perfect. Then every 1000 miles add 3 ounces LC to recharge the anti oxidation capability.

FP60 : 1 ounce per 5 gallons fuel ( diesel or gas). No need to shock. Allow it to clean slowly and gently.

Our Mola paper erred on the conservative with a chemistry we were just investigating.

I've been using:

LC: 1 oz / qt. initially and then 1 oz ev. 1k mi.

FP: 1oz / 5 gallons (20L) of fuel. My fillups are 20 gallons and so I use 4 oz. each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back