So, it can't happen to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking.

Are you going to post links to the other 2,199,124 burglary instances where a firearm didn't help??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gabe
Shocking.

Are you going to post links to the other 2,199,124 burglary instances where a firearm didn't help??

Why don't you do that and enlighten all of us?

Does not matter if it helps or not in an individual situation. It is America. We have the freedom to own if we choose to exercise that freedom. Don't like it, don't have a gun. Im glad I have, it has saved my hindquarters. I read of several people every month that have had a firearm save them under the Armed Citizen section of the American Rifleman.

Last edited:
I am getting a little annoyed at CourierDriver's (and others) Pro Gun agendas. An informed discussion is one thing, but this isn't one.

It looks like the OP has now resorted to preying on a female's insecurities and vulnerabilities. He is literally using the threat of rape to push his political views. I, personally, think this is going too far...

I am getting a little annoyed at CourierDriver's (and others) Pro Gun agendas. An informed discussion is one thing, but this isn't one.

It looks like the OP has now resorted to preying on a female's insecurities and vulnerabilities. He is literally using the threat of rape to push his political views. I, personally, think this is going too far...

Then stay out of the firearm section. It's not about guns it's about freedom, but I guess YOU wouldn't understand if it has to be explained.

It looks like the OP has now resorted to preying on a female's the general population's insecurities and vulnerabilities. He is literally using the threat of rape mass murder or school shootings to push his political views. I, personally, think this is going too far...

While I agree, I come mostly to this site for automobile discussions and not for gun info (lots of other sites for that), I feel I must comment on the above, as I did. Tit for tat, if you will. I've said my bit in other threads, and don't feel like reiterating again, maybe on a better forum for it, but, eh, I guess I fell for the bait... Whose bait I'm not sure at the moment...

Last edited:

I support gun rights for one simple reason. It is an individual right in the American Bill of Rights. It is already the most heavily regulated individual freedom and any further limitation of that right to me flies in the face of the spirit and letter of that most important document.

You will get people riled up when you start promoting the idea that they, the overwhelming majority, should have to be punished for the actions of the extreme minority with punitive bans that are arguably ineffective and seek to fix a problem that does not even exist(look at the FBI stats on murders committed with a rifle the last several years).

I am a Libertarian. I promote and will defend all rights given to us by the bill of rights and constitution.

Originally Posted By: OB4x4

Then stay out of the firearm section. It's not about guns it's about freedom, but I guess YOU wouldn't understand if it has to be explained.

"Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance"

Here is a sticky that might help: LINK

I would consider preservation of the Second Amendment to be a firearms maintenance issue... I would like to maintain my firearms even though some politicians seek to take them away.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I support gun rights for one simple reason. It is an individual right in the American Bill of Rights. It is already the most heavily regulated individual freedom and any further limitation of that right to me flies in the face of the spirit and letter of that most important document.

You will get people riled up when you start promoting the idea that they, the overwhelming majority, should have to be punished for the actions of the extreme minority with punitive bans that are arguably ineffective and seek to fix a problem that does not even exist(look at the FBI stats on murders committed with a rifle the last several years).

I am a Libertarian. I promote and will defend all rights given to us by the bill of rights and constitution.

My posts has nothing to do with gun control - I agree with you.

The problem is with the OP's method of encouraging gun ownership.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

My posts has nothing to do with gun control - I agree with you.

The problem is with the OP's method of encouraging gun ownership.

Ah, if that is the case, then I withdraw my post from above.

Here is a sticky that might help: LINK

Read the first word in your post. "firearms"...
Not trying to be obtuse, but why would you post something like your original statement in a firearms subsection, and not expect a response.

Do you become so bothered when people talk about freedom of speech/religion, their 4th and 5th amendment rights and so forth. If you dont then your statements are purely politically based, and therefore no different than the OP's point of view; albeit on the OTHER side..

Not trying to be obtuse, but why would you post something like your original statement in a firearms subsection, and not expect a response.

Trying to scare somebody into buying a gun is in nobody's best interest.

The vast majority of people here promote responsible gun ownership. The decision to carry a firearm should not be taken lightly. It requires formal training and regular, ongoing practice.

Trying to scare somebody into buying a gun is in nobody's best interest.

The vast majority of people here promote responsible gun ownership. The decision to carry a firearm should not be taken lightly. It requires formal training and regular, ongoing practice.

How is posting a link to a news story trying to scare people. Seems to me that he's simply trying to bring attention to something that a great many people don't take seriously; their own protection.

If he were lieing, exaggerating, or spinning it then I would agree with you but he's not, he merely posted a link to a news article.

For comparison, scare tactics: trying to convince people that they need protection from Assault rifles when only about 3% of gun crimes are committed with a rifle(all types not just assault). Seems like a solution waiting for a problem.

I don't get your aversion to FREEDOM. sorry.

Don't you see the difference between CourierDriver's post and the pro-gun-control side of the debate? One is trying to scare others into exercising their Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. The other is trying to scare others into giving up their Constitutional Right to Bear Arms.

Just something to think about.

You know, that is a hard one to deal with.

You can respond with similar logic. But is that resorting to their level? IOW, if they are making an emotional appeal, does that mean you can resort to an emotional appeal also?

OTOH, do you come out of right field, with no emotion whatsoever, and lay a claim to, "this is the law, now go away"? Even if you try to explain why the laws were generated that way (go back to the founders, use recent cases, etc) it still smacks of evading the touchy-feely side of the issue.

How is posting a link to a news story trying to scare people. Seems to me that he's simply trying to bring attention to something that a great many people don't take seriously; their own protection.

It was clearly stated: "For the ladies, read December 18, 2012." The OP wasn't 'trying to bring attention' to non-consensual sex or personal protection - women are aware and take both very serious.

Hey, Gabe....sure, visit the firearms section all you want but keep your comments to yourself if you don't like what you read......TURN THE PAGE if you don't like the picture. Frankly, I'm sick of sheeple like you passing judgement on how YOU think things should be!

Last I checked, it was a PUBLIC forum.

CourierDriver....I LOVE Armed Citizen! I turn to that page first thing every month.

Folks....my wife just enlightened me to another website for (shudder, gasp) gun people......Armedcitizenamerica.com

Gabe...I do NOT recommend this site to you for you will surely be offended. I think you need a cup of my special brew. Probably more than one and it's FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back