Full brand oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a Full oil filter. Made in Thailand, looks like a Thai made Toyota OEM Denso on the outside, including the shipping cellophane over the base.
But the center tube holes are slightly different, the gasket is square on the Full, and round on the Denso, and the bypass valve looks a lot different.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Anybody know anything about these?

I've used them before, worked well for me. I liked the cellophane over the base, wish more filter companies did that. Not sure who makes them.....

I can't tell either. I forgot to mention the baseplate looks different than a Denso, too.

cut it open when your done!
20.gif

These are my order from Amazon.com.
I got me a Denso Toyota clone, the Full, a Mannolator (could have just wrote Mann on a Puro Classic with a Sharpie, I think), and a 2-pack of Champs (Ecores)...don't see these everyday.
These will all fit my truck or VW van--but not my wife's car.

DSC01737.jpg

I used a Full on my wife's Corolla and was happy with it. I was a little worried about some excess glue inside but it stayed put. It seemed like a solid, decent, no-frills filter. I should have cut it open, but oh well.

A Denso I purchased much later (and haven't used yet) for the same application seemed to be of very similar construction but I was unable to compare them side-to-side. Both were make in Thailand.

I'd use one again but there are too many other brands that are known quantities and are easier to get hold of.

Originally Posted By: Jakegday
i wonder what denso does differently from other companies to make their "first time fit"

Maybe they send some clown around to make sure you get the threads started right.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I'd use one again but there are too many other brands that are known quantities and are easier to get hold of.

+1
I just wanted one since I was placing an order for filters anyway. No reason to search for one I quess.

Gents, any more feedback re: FULL filters? I'm considering placing an order, as the price is definitely right, but still uncertain if I'm better off spending a little extra. Opinions?

Well, ssturbo, if you are buying online in Canada, you can find a better deal than Full. At Autopartsway, they are generally priced nicely, as are the NPNs. However, sometimes the Bosch (or Mann or Mahle, depending upon application) is cheaper. For my G, the Bosch Premium was the cheapest. For my F-150, they only offer Full or NPN, and I can get Wix for the same price here, so I leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back