Yuengling coming to MI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is old news, but yesterday I heard on the radio that Yuengling beer is finally coming to Michigan. ETA was anywhere from the end of spring to the end of the year. Can anyone verify this? One person said that it would be sold at a premium price, while another said it would be priced a little lower. Either way, I don't care, as long as I can get my hands on some Black & Tan!

Yuengling is a good beer. I like it a lot. You can get a 6 pack of Yuengling for $6-$7 in this area.

Originally Posted By: buster
Yuengling is a good beer. I like it a lot. You can get a 6 pack of Yuengling for $6-$7 in this area.

That is a great deal. The only Yuengling beer I've ever had was the Black & Tan last winter during a visit to Florida. I think a 12-pack was $13 (beer prices are lower in Florida than Michigan it seems, but still a good deal). What a beer! Especially for the price.

Originally Posted By: buster

I do too. We don't have it here in MA but I have it when I am visitng my wife's family in Western New York. Good stuff

I had it for the first time last year when visiting some family friends in Chester County, PA. I was very impressed with the beer, unfortunately no-one can get it here. I checked with Bev-Mo and they said that they can't even special order it, even though they get hundreds of requests a day for it.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I had it for the first time last year when visiting some family friends in Chester County, PA. I was very impressed with the beer, unfortunately no-one can get it here. I checked with Bev-Mo and they said that they can't even special order it, even though they get hundreds of requests a day for it.

Because there is no distributor in your state. The methods used to sell and distribute liquor are really weird. Brewery sells to a distributor for a state/region who is big enough to handle logistics, then the distributor sells it to the stores.

When breweries get really big, they do their own distributing.

You can buy it on the TIP of Long Island, but NOT in areas of CT, MA, and RI that you can SEE from there on a good night. My son just came back from VA with some for good ole dad.
smile.gif
My understanding is they purchased a brewery in Tennessee which will increase the supply. Don't know if that means it will be offered to distributors in New England, though. They bought a brewery in Tampa a while back and that's why it's piled high in food stores in Florida.

Yuengling only traveled to certain parts of I 81 and I 78 and the Turnpike for ease of delivery. If they are going to Michigan it is a big change in strategy. I was actually surprised to find out how small of an area they actually cover for a decent sized brewery.

I went to college in SE PA in the late 90's, at the time Yuengling was only available in PA, DE, southern Jersey. We got kegs of it for the same price as Bud, Miller Light, etc. It really is a superb beer for the price. It falls in the middle of my beer hierarchy - Miller High Life, Yuengling, misc more expensive craft brews. Always have some in the cellar.

Around 1999 or 2000 they started expanding south into MD, just in time for when I moved back after graduating. The expansion continues.

jeff

we got it here in ohio about a year, year & half ago.
i'm a bit foggy on the price, but i can tell you the store i work @ sells just as much Yuengling, as we do any other, if not more.
it seems to have become folks "go to" beer, instead of the bud products we used to sell the most of.

Last edited:
Around here if you order a "lager", they know youre asking for a Yuengling. I like their beer.

Now if I could just get Goose Island and a few of the smaller WI beers around here...

Glad to hear it! Whenever my dad comes up to visit from North Carolina, he brings me a 12 pack of bottles. The problem is, they don't last too long.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Maybe this is old news, but yesterday I heard on the radio that Yuengling beer is finally coming to Michigan. ETA was anywhere from the end of spring to the end of the year. Can anyone verify this? One person said that it would be sold at a premium price, while another said it would be priced a little lower. Either way, I don't care, as long as I can get my hands on some Black & Tan!

Why would you want to drink Yuengling when you have to notch beer in your own state brewers from
Founders
Dark horse
Bells
Shorts
just to name a few

[
Why would you want to drink Yuengling when you have to notch beer in your own state brewers from
Founders
Dark horse
Bells
Shorts
just to name a few[/quote]

I agree, Michigan has, as in Ohio has, great Craft Beers(Micro Brews). Yuengling is in every store in Northern Ohio that I know off. I would say it's a value priced beer and it's ok. At least it's a smaller brewery that owns it, AMERICAN. Miller and Budweiser are now foreign owned brewing companies.

Every state has good craft beers.

Yuengling is just a good alternative if I'm not in the mood for something like that. That style of beer pairs well with lighter foods, such as chicken, salmon, bratwurst, salads, etc.

Trust me, I buy a good amount of local beers. Bells, Founders (been there, awesome place), Rochester Mills (right down the street), to name just a few. But that doesn't mean that I always drink those beers. Ya gotta keep a few cheap beers around, too: Coors, PBR, Yuengling...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back