Marshal (Walmart) Winter Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will gladly take some of those gratis. Four of them, 205/55/16's. PM me for shipping address. Thank you and have nice day.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Directional snow tire in that pic????

Plenty of winter tires are directional.

Yes, including the Firestone Winterforce and the GY Ultra Grip and Eagle Ultra Grip. (I have used Winterforces, which are superb.)

Marshal has been Kumho's in-house discount arm for quite a few years. If you Google their tires you will find they are extensively distributed in Europe as well (particularly Eastern Europe) so it is not one of those "made for Walmart/Costco" lables.

This year they have KW 19 an KW 15 both of which used to be in the Kumho line up. Just as Hankook uses Aurora & Kingstar to sell it`s older modeLs which have been replaced. They even keep the same numerical designation so you can search their reviews under the old brand.

Continental is now doing this too, with all the fledgeling tire-makers they have swallowed in recent years. Their mid-priced "value brand" in North America will be General. The cheapie tire here and in Europe is Barum (Czech), Matador (Slovak) is Europe only, for Asia it's Federal (Taiwanese) while Gislaved & Semperit serve as niche brands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back