Wal-Mart Canada - bye bye Fram, hello Purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, it would be disheartening to my '62 Buick if the Frams disappear around here. That's one of my few remaining choices for that car left.

can't believe it....my local WM, yeah, puro filters!!!

made me want to get a PS and go change my oil!!!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
can't believe it....my local WM, yeah, puro filters!!!

made me want to get a PS and go change my oil!!!

Addy based on your previous posting history, I would have thought you would be going into withdrawal over the loss of the orange can from your local Wally. Kinda kidding.
56.gif

Still think the shut down of the Stratford Fram manufacturing plant was a factor here. I think perhaps it opened up the bidding opportunities for another filter manufacturer to supply Wally Canada. More of a level playing field if you will for bidding. JMO

Was in Wallly Today. Last time I was there the oil and air filter section looked like this:

ebddc57d11a168fba88dfcdfbdc6be27.jpg

Now it looks like this:

11e9919884abc2c354dddf346740fb05.jpg

This is a big issue that we all need to be concerned about. Walmart did this without telling anybody nor without MY permission!

We need to get a petition going.

^^ 2nd photo looks sweeeeet! Looks like a one signature petition to me.
lol.gif

Although ... wish they would keep the FRAM Ultra line only.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
.....This is a big issue that we all need to be concerned about. Walmart did this without telling anybody nor without MY permission!

We need to get a petition going.

"We"???? Based on fellow compatriots responses here, regarding "we", it seems they may be asking if you got a mouse in your pocket?
grin2.gif

Wonder what those Bosch Premium and Purolator Synthetics are going for.

Got it. With the exception of the Wally Classic price which is less here, BP and PSL similar to auto parts store prices, not sold at Wally's here. Exchange rate aside.

I was picking up bread and milk last night at my local WM and decided to wander the oil aisle. I was pleasantly shocked to see the OCOD gone. I noticed the Puros and Bosch before I saw this thread. Looks like my filter choices just opened up.

The packaging doesn't look the same as it does on Purolators in the US, nor the ones that are used by the Oil Changers chain. I think I'd like to wait and make sure these are in fact the same products and not a "walmart only" line that might be made under license by a third party.

What "third party"? Are you saying Purolator hires an American company to make Purolator filters with the Purolator name on them? That doesn't even make sense.

I would think oil change places buy their filters in bulk so their packaging (or lack of) would be different.

The pics KevGuy posted here look the identical to the Classic boxes sold at Wally in the US. As do, the Bosch Premium and Purolator Synthetic boxes sold at auto parts stores here. Perhaps you could post some pics.

I'd be very skeptical that Purolator would allow their name to be used on some lower tier or third party filter sold at Walmart or anywhere for that matter.

The "Walmart only line" has been discussed previously on the pcmo board regarding the oil sold there. To me it's for the tin foil hatter's.

Also, thanks to KevGuy for posting pics of the new oil section at Wally Can.
cheers3.gif
I know it must be a tough(white/Classic) pill to swallow for him.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
The pics KevGuy posted here look the identical to the Classic boxes sold at Wally in the US. As do, the Bosch Premium and Purolator Synthetic boxes sold at auto parts stores here. Perhaps you could post some pics.

I'd be very skeptical that Purolator would allow their name to be used on some lower tier or third party filter sold at Walmart or anywhere for that matter.

The "Walmart only line" was discussed previously on the pcmo board regarding the oil sold there. To me it's for the tin foil hatter's.

Also, thanks to KevGuy for posting pics of the new oil section at Wally Can.
cheers3.gif
I know it must be a tough(white/Classic) pill to swallow for him.
56.gif

HAHA...beat me to it! I have to agree, on all points.

No sign of any purolators at my local walmarts yet. Nor the fram ultras. I'll have to buy them at Canadian tire once my napa golds run out.

I browsed the automotive section here in PEI today and all of the Fram oil and air filters are now gone. The prices seem much cheaper, too.

I'll be picking up a Purolator Synthetic filter when my oil change is due.

Originally Posted By: ProtegeZ5
I browsed the automotive section here in PEI today and all of the Fram oil and air filters are now gone. The prices seem much cheaper, too.

I'll be picking up a Purolator Synthetic filter when my oil change is due.

Was just down your way at Christmas and back in August. What part of the island are you from?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
No sign of any purolators at my local walmarts yet. Nor the fram ultras. I'll have to buy them at Canadian tire once my napa golds run out.
Somebody told me you guys have the Xtended Guard (97% @ 20 )which goes under the name "Fram Synthetic Oil Filter" in Canada http://ca.fram.com/enca/node/729

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Somebody told me you guys have the Xtended Guard (97% @ 20 )which goes under the name "Fram Synthetic Oil Filter" in Canada http://ca.fram.com/enca/node/729

What's strange is that the FRAM webpage above doesn't really say what the filtering efficiency is. Whereas, the US FRAM website does for the Ultra (which seems to be the same filter - "XG" series).

US website: 99% efficient per ISO 4548-12 for particles > 20 microns
http://fram.com/products/oil_filters/fram_ultra_oil_filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back