MMO + DI Engines : User Experiences welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch can is what you need on the PCV system if you want to do something about intake side valve deposits.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Catch can is what you need on the PCV system if you want to do something about intake side valve deposits.

Not for VW & Audi engines DI engines. It doesn't do anything except for bling. Water-Methanol injection doesn't help either.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Keep waiting.

MMO is a joke.

Can you substantiate that ?? Do you mean the product or the company ? And if so, why ?

Originally Posted By: bourne

Keep waiting.

MMO is a joke.

Can you substantiate that ?? Do you mean the product or the company ? And if so, why ?

Absolutely......

Where are the independent, certified studies from an organization like SAE that conclude that MMO is effective at anything at all?

Chevron Techron has the credentials (SAE) to back up is effectiveness as a result of independent testing.

I'm waiting.
grin.gif

Keep waiting.

MMO is a joke.

Read the thread. He has posted nothing but derogatory comments on the product thus far. My guess is he doesn't like it.

MMO is a joke.

Have you ever used MMO before? You seem so caught up hating the product you've never tried it to have a valid opinion.

Keep waiting.

MMO is a joke.

According to some of the more vitrolic users, you're not to question such a post. (Though they mean only posts that praise ti are beyond question, but still....)

It's my understanding that with DI engines, such stuff does little if anything as it never gets to the valves. I know there are threads about this.

Last edited:

Where are the independent, certified studies from an organization like SAE that conclude that MMO is effective at anything at all?

Chevron Techron has the credentials (SAE) to back up is effectiveness as a result of independent testing.

I'm waiting.
grin.gif

STILL waiting. Anyone care to show me the documented independent SAE tests that prove MMO does anything to clean or lubricate?

If this thread is sponsored by MMO just let me know and I will cease posting here.

Last edited:

I'm waiting.
grin.gif

STILL waiting. Anyone care to show me the documented independent SAE tests that prove MMO does anything to clean or lubricate?

If this thread is sponsored by MMO just let me know and I will cease posting here.

Such testing does not exsist. Much easier to go with the propagan.....er advertising.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

I'm waiting.
grin.gif

Such testing does not exsist. Much easier to go with the propagan.....er advertising.

I've been accused of being a paid sponsor for MMO, in fact by Trajan a few times in a round about way. I'm also part of the MMO Mafia according to him. So how about we say MMO hired me to represent them here, and the Mob is behind me too. Maybe now both of you can stop posting here. lol
smile.gif
Oh and my last name ends in a vowel.

This thread has been started by me. The purpose of this thread is to gather user experiences using MMO in a DI engine. The reason behind this question is that we just purchased a Mazda with a DI engine and I was searching for an appropriate UCL/FSC. If you do not have any real world experience using MMO in a DI engine, you unfortunately cannot add anything of value to this thread. This thread has nothing to do with being started by MMO or by someone paid by MMO or the likes of it.

http://www.edmunds.com/autoobserver-archive/2011/06/direct-injection-fouls-some-early-adopters.html

Ameer Haider, GM’s assistant chief engineer for V6 engines, certainly knows the problem, telling AutoObserver, “DI engines are prone to forming oily deposits on the intake valves, unlike in port fuel-injected engines, where a constant spray of fuel into the port allows any deposits to wash away. With DI engines, the fuel gets injected directly into the combustion chamber, so there isn't a chance for the deposits to wash away. Typically, deposits form when soot – which is an end-product of combustion – adheres to the valve stem.”

It will do for the injectors what it does. But it won't wash the intake valves.

Last edited:
Thats what I figured. I am more interested in what effect does MMO have when its pushed through an injector at 3000 psi vs 600~700 psi of a port injected engine. If it will adversely affect the spray pattern and so on.

Your best bet is to use a PEA detergent cleaner like the one in the 3M DIY kit.

MMO has not been proven to be effective at cleaning carbon deposits or anything else for that matter.

Last edited:
Thats what I figured. I am more interested in what effect does MMO have when its pushed through an injector at 3000 psi vs 600~700 psi of a port injected engine. If it will adversely affect the spray pattern and so on.

Haven't heard of anyone using it. But it's better to use a product designed for the purpose.

Gumout Regane would be my choice. Why not use a master instead of a jack of all trades and master of none such as mmo?

Or use antiqueshell's suggestion.

Last edited:

This thread has been started by me. The purpose of this thread is to gather user experiences using MMO in a DI engine. The reason behind this question is that we just purchased a Mazda with a DI engine and I was searching for an appropriate UCL/FSC. If you do not have any real world experience using MMO in a DI engine, you unfortunately cannot add anything of value to this thread. This thread has nothing to do with being started by MMO or by someone paid by MMO or the likes of it.

Borune, anything added to the gas will have little to no effect on maintaining DI. The problem is not with the injectors themselves as you already know. I believe an Inverse Oiler has the best chance. Soft, sooty, carbon like deposits are easily cleaned up with MMO, I know that as fact from using the product for several decades. Will it work in a DI engine? Maybe maybe not. I don't own one but I can tell you the first thing I would install on one is an Inverse Oiler! The sooner you get at those deposits the better, once they build up and get harder removing them is harder, and preventing them went out the window. My suggestion to you would be to expand your horizons beyond Bitog and gather info elsewhere as well. I would also recommend giving it a try. DI needs something to help maintain it, and the only way to find out what will work is to experiment I'm sorry to say. One last point, if you are going to gather information about products like MMO, get the information from people who actually used it, not from people who have no clue, used it once, or just like to dump in these threads. Good luck, and let us know how things work out for you, maybe others can benefit from your experiences as well.

Bourne. I've just bought 2 inverse oilers. I started a thread on them a few days back. I think they might be the answer to the direct injection valve deposit issue. I can give you the email address of the gent I bought mine from. Perhaps by emailing him you can glean some insight on whether it can help.
And I agree with dermapaint as far as getting on top of it ASAP. Once those deposits are caked on they will be far more difficult to remove.
The inverse oiler doesn't just have to have mmo in the tank. If you put a product like regane or techron mixed with the mmo it may work better at deposit removal.
Dermapaint has an inverse oiler on one of his vehicles. Maybe shoot him a pm and he can tell you all about them.
I think they might just be the cure for the DI valve deposit issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back