Taurus 24/7 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I own several Taurus firearms including revolvers, PT99, PT908,PT140 Millenium pistols and others and they have all been great trouble free guns. I would personally go .40 with the 3.5 barrel. That will afford you concealed carry options and the just over 1/2" longer barrel of the other one isn't even worth worrying about as home defense. True 9mm ammo can be cheaper but with the better ballistics of the .40 what price is your life worth?....and you really probably aren't going to shoot thousands of rounds where the $$ of ammo will really matter either.

It sure seems to me that Taurus started out as being the Hyundai of the gun world. But through hard work and innovation, they've really done well in the past several years... just like Hyundai.

You know, you are right. I remember back in the 1980's when Taurus just came to market after buying Beretta tooling. A close friend of mine and fellow gun nut bought one of the PT99's. These were near clones to the Beretta BUT they had inmproved it with a decocker and their lifetime warranty. I remember laughing at why he bought that cheap gun...like back when Hyundai came out with the Excel model. Well - it wasn't long after that I bought myself a PT99 and then many many other Taurus products and I've been satisfied. I own something from just about every gun maker and I won't hesitate to compare a taurus to anything costing more $$$. They are innovators too coming out with nice features constantly and with some other makers don't even offer.

You will do very well with that gun whether you go 9mm or .40. Best of luck and let us know the final outcome!

Taurus firearms are indeed higher quality than they once were, but be aware (in my opinion) they are still not on par with S&W, Glock, Springfield, or Ruger. Particularly, in my experience, they are pretty good out of the box, but tend to wear out faster. If you plan to shoot it a lot, take that into consideration.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Taurus firearms are indeed higher quality than they once were, but be aware (in my opinion) they are still not on par with S&W, Glock, Springfield, or Ruger. Particularly, in my experience, they are pretty good out of the box, but tend to wear out faster. If you plan to shoot it a lot, take that into consideration.

I own several S&W's, Kimbers, Colts and others and, atleast the Taurus guns I have are on par with them. The only Taurus I have that I am not completely thrilled with is my PT140 Millenium. It is a great compact .40 in general, but I hate the double action only trigger and it is sloppy in feel. To Taurus' benefit, they did correct the trigger in later releases.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Taurus does not have a good reputation for customer service and aftermarket parts are probably not available.

I've never had the need for Taurus service but I've heard good and bad about all gun maker's service. Aftermarket parts are readily available for most models. Things like grips, sights, magazines, laser sights, recoil springs, trigger, etc are easy to get.

With Taurus it really depends on the model. The 24/7 was good enough to be submitted to the U.S. Military for testing. The PT92/99 are excellent guns, and some Beretta 92/96 parts fit them. The 1911 guns are excellent out of the box 1911 guns, the only gripe being finish wear on the blued ones when they came out.

Their wheel guns are generally quite good also. The only issue being some are a bit too tight from the factory.

Every company makes a lemon here and there.

Quote:
Things like grips, sights, magazines, laser sights, recoil springs, trigger, etc are easy to get.

I'm thinking more like extractors, ejectors, firing pins and other misc. parts.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
You will do very well with that gun whether you go 9mm or .40. Best of luck and let us know the final outcome!

Pending confirmation of the online order which I just placed (which I'm sure I won't see or hear anything until tomorrow sometime), I am the new owner of a Taurus 24/7 G2 .40 with a 3.5" barrel, and a matte stainless steel slide.

I went with the matte stainless steel slide, because I just wanted something a little different.

Just curious, who'd you buy from? I've had two orders cancelled in the last week from online gun stores that have taken my order for things (and charged my cc) that they didn't have in stock.

Originally Posted By: DrinkDuff77
Just curious, who'd you buy from? I've had two orders cancelled in the last week from online gun stores that have taken my order for things (and charged my cc) that they didn't have in stock.

If you're looking for a Taurus pistol, send me a private message and I'll give you a list of several vendors which seem to get a good supply of Taurus pistols.

I picked this one up at a dealer with an online store in Frankfort, KY.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Why the heck are they charging you before they ship? That is bad business practice.

Things are so crazy with guns and ammo right now, that much of it is probably a case of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I just spent $34.00 for 100 rounds of Winchester .40 "White Box" ammo, and thought that I got a fairly good deal, considering that I got it locally.

If you're looking for a Taurus pistol, send me a private message and I'll give you a list of several vendors which seem to get a good supply of Taurus pistols.

Thanks, I already have a Taurus. I've been looking for a Glock 26. I ended up ordering from the big one in Lexington KY

Thanks, I already have a Taurus. I've been looking for a Glock 26. I ended up ordering from the big one in Lexington KY

And I'm guessing that would be Bud's.

Yes, they're big. Not the cheapest right now, but big.

My new Taurus showed up late on Monday, picked it up on Tuesday.

The problem with buying a gun in the winter is a lot like buying a motorcycle in the winter.... it's *winter* out there.

It came with 2 magazines, 1 - 11 round and 1 - 15 round.

Tuesday evening after work, I hit every on-line retailer who claimed to stock the 15 round magazine for these. Of course, nobody had any. But, I clicked on the "notify me when in stock" link on most of them, and entered an email address.

On Thursday night, I was sitting at the computer at about 7:30pm when a notification came in that one of the vendors now had them in stock. I had one ordered and paid for in less than 5 minutes.

I apparently was quick enough, as the magazine will be here next Monday. That was a nice score for $32.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back