Valvoline Nextgen synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as often as I see Mobil 1, QSUD, and Castrol Edge. Those seem to be on all the shelves around here, along with PP sometimes. I have used it in the past for a car I had that spec'ed a European style 5w-40, which is one of the flavors Valvoline Synpower comes in.

33.gif
WHOOPS, totally missed where you said Nextgen. Sorry, I haven't seen it.

I would use it. I wouldn't have a problem using the original NextGen, except that I'm not in the market for a conventional. But the synthetic I would use.

Originally Posted By: Jeffy_D
Im just praying for a FAR promotion that lasts as long or longer than the nexgen WB/ maxlife did.
grin.gif

+1,000

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
How do you make a synthetic out of recycled dino?

If I understand the process correctly, the level of refinement basically determines the group designation. Re-refined oils are put through the same process as virgin oils to produce the base stocks. So GPIII re-refined oil would just go through the longer more expensive refining process that results in GPIII base stocks.

That's the question I have: Is it synthetic when they get it, or does it become synthetic when they re-refine it? It doesn't seem practical to me that they could control the stream of waste motor oil to assure that all the base stock is synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
How do you make a synthetic out of recycled dino?

Virtually the same process as when you make group III out of dino, just a lot of filtering/separation first.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
That's the question I have: Is it synthetic when they get it, or does it become synthetic when they re-refine it? It doesn't seem practical to me that they could control the stream of waste motor oil to assure that all the base stock is synthetic.

The oil does not have to be synthetic first in order to re-make the synthetic. you're right, that would take way too much time and man power...and whose to say the guy who drains his oil knew for sure whether he put the pennzoil yellow bottle in or the pennzoil silver bottle? some people just don't pay attention to that....or, they forget.

essentially what happens is that it goes through a more thorough re-refining process to create the final product that meets synthetic specifications.

Saw this in Advance today. Can't wait to pick some up. Next sale they have on an oil change using Valvoline should include this line. I would imagine this product may get more support from users on here for being a higher quality oil over conventional NextGen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back