Dumb things people say about cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The check engine light is a DUMMY light only to there get money out of your pocket"
(Co-worker who I offered to check their car with my Equus 3130 and it turned out 3 misfire codes, a bad cat converter and a VVT actuator failure!!) But its a "dummy" light, right? lol

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
I know a guy that let the fluid out of his transfer case for a oil change. He poured more oil in the engine and away he went haha.
Pepboys did that here on a scout

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
I know a guy that let the fluid out of his transfer case for a oil change. He poured more oil in the engine and away he went haha.
Pepboys did that here on a scout

As did Walmart somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Girl I know managed to buy a brand new Chevrolet Cobalt that surprisingly did not have air conditioning as standard equipment. She asked the dealer if they could install it, so they told her to get some estimates for an aftermarket system and they will install it for her.

Overheard once when I was in college. Girl telling her guy friends that she's getting this funny smell inside her car, the windows are fogging up, and the floor is getting wet. "Oh, you'll have to get the Freon recharged, probably switch over to that R-134 stuff.".

It's funny how some guys don't know anymore than girls do when it comes to cars.

"My jetta doesn't have axles. Only old trucks and drag race cars have axles." (ex gf) One day there were balls all over the target parking lot, it had to be towed.

CL ads when I was looking for my OEM wheel/tire set:

"60% thread left on tires"

Saw this over and over again.
33.gif

"You're going to ruin your car! These run on diesel!" - said to me by an old man who sprinted across the gas station lot and threw his hands over the gas filler on my '67 Beetle to prevent me from ruining it by filling it with gasoline.

"Dual overhead cam engines have about twice the rated horsepower because it takes at least 150-200 lbs of torque to turn the cams." - said to my cousin by the "mechanic" who "fixed" his old Scirocco.

"You multiply liters by 100 to get the cubic inches." - my high school auto teacher ... and he was completely serious.

"My car has REALLY high mileage on it, almost 50,000." - said to me by a little old lady who wanted to know if she needed high mileage oil.

"Lincoln has nothing to do with Ford! It's a whole different car company! There never was a Lincoln that had Ford running gears, ever!" - said to me by an old man. I forget the context.

Something electrical is not working so they state it must be the fuse.

My wife's coworker berating her Jeep Cherokee for how horrible it is in the snow. I look at the vehicle and notice lack of front differential. Honestly why Jeep put their name on anything with 2wd is beyond me. I felt bad because this was a loaded up used SUV she got for the snow. Apparently the next dealer did not catch this on trade in and gave her good money for it.

"I can't buy anything with rear wheel drive because I need to be able to drive my car in the rain."

- Brain-dead morons on several other forums(most notably Edmunds.com).

One time a girl had a car that would crank but wouldn't start. She said, "Something must be wrong with the starter, it won't start!"

Originally Posted By: Kestas
One time a girl had a car that would crank but wouldn't start. She said, "Something must be wrong with the starter, it won't start!"

I had someone argue with me that they needed a jumpstart because their car wouldn't start.

It was cranking over at full speed.

Mobil would make more profit if they put their best oil in every bottle and just change the labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back