Worst Oil to Put in Your Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Want to know the best way to avoid putting the worst oils in your engine? Don't skimp on purchase price and go with synthetic oils from major brands like Mobil1. Purchase oil from auto parts stores and not convenience stores. Oil is the lifeblood of your engine. Don't save a buck and risk hundreds of dollars in repair work for your engine."

Great advice!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
"...and risk hundreds of dollars in repair work for your engine."
"hundreds"? I think they forgot a zero...

I seen this oil at a flea market a year ago,the person selling it had a 24' box truck and was selling it for 12 bucks a case of 12 ,I seen alot of smiling buyers ,im glad it wasn't me

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
"Want to know the best way to avoid putting the worst oils in your engine? Don't skimp on purchase price and go with synthetic oils from major brands like Mobil1. Purchase oil from auto parts stores and not convenience stores. Oil is the lifeblood of your engine. Don't save a buck and risk hundreds of dollars in repair work for your engine."

Great advice!
thumbsup2.gif

Sorry, that reads to me like a scare piece funded by the oil majors. Of course they want you to buy their top-price synthetics which probably have higher margins for them. I wouldn't buy those no name brands they called out, but I'll stick with my quality value-priced dino or synth blend thank you very much.

Quote:

crackmeup2.gif

What color koolaid are they selling? With that being the second post I'll not even bother clicking on the link for more...

Another one is the el cheapo generic bulk oil at the tire stores. Not long ago some of the new car dealers would even use this junk. When I asked a service advisor at a toyo dealer what brand oil they use, his reply was whatever the service mgr could get for the lowest price. Even Walmarts oil change service uses Quaker State for $18 plus tax. Now I take my Toyota Matrix to the Ford dealer and get MC syn blend and a MC oil filter. Not that color is a tell all but the oil has a nice light honey color at 5k miles instead of a dark black coffee look to it. $20 with coupon at Ford dealer and I can watch them the entire time giving them the Evil monkey eye.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Another one is the el cheapo generic bulk oil at the tire stores. Not long ago some of the new car dealers would even use this junk. When I asked a service advisor at a toyo dealer what brand oil they use, his reply was whatever the service mgr could get for the lowest price. Even Walmarts oil change service uses Quaker State for $18 plus tax. Now I take my Toyota Matrix to the Ford dealer and get MC syn blend and a MC oil filter. Not that color is a tell all but the oil has a nice light honey color at 5k miles instead of a dark black coffee look to it. $20 with coupon at Ford dealer and I can watch them the entire time giving them the Evil monkey eye.

A shop could refill QT containers with bulk if they wanted to and even your evil monkey eye would not notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back