2014 Corvette Stingray revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some of us could care less about others opinions and drive exactly what we want.

Maybe that's why they make more than one kind of car...

I think it looks great, but I dislike the corporate rear end!

I like it, 7 speed would take some getting used to, but nice. DI, no comment................

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
It also looks too *plasticy* and WAY too gimmicky.
+1, looks like a failed XLR to me

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
It also looks too *plasticy* and WAY too gimmicky.
+1, looks like a failed XLR to me

Because other supercars don't look gimmicky. Mmkay

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
They seem to be gunning for Ferrari, like a 599 or a 612 its not a pretty car, its a wind tunnel car.

I am utterly surprised you do not see the 599 as good looking. The GTO looks so mint.
The 612 on the other hand, never really liked it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I like it, 7 speed would take some getting used to, but nice. DI, no comment................

The General has not had many DI problems, I don't see one here.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
They seem to be gunning for Ferrari, like a 599 or a 612 its not a pretty car, its a wind tunnel car.

I am utterly surprised you do not see the 599 as good looking. The GTO looks so mint.

The last one that looked OK was the 550/575, which I why I want to buy one at some point.

The newer Ferrari's are machines made to go very fast, looks meh not so much. Even the 458 is not what I would call a pretty car. Handsome yes, but it doesn't have the drop dead looks of an older Daytona, or an Aston Martin.

Style and speeds well over 150 don't really mix.

Last edited:

The last one that looked OK was the 550/575, which I why I want to buy one at some point.

The newer Ferrari's are machines made to go very fast, looks meh not so much. Even the 458 is not what I would call a pretty car. Handsome yes, but it doesn't have the drop dead looks of an older Daytona, or an Aston Martin.

What DO you drive anyway? You have extremely expensive taste, yet I never see you post about your own vehicles
21.gif
would be nice to see some pics and details!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
450hp? thats it? wile the new camaro get almost 600? what a let down.

580 for the ZL-1 camaro. the 450 hp is the BASE vette, there's more for ya!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: daman
450hp? thats it? wile the new camaro get almost 600? what a let down.

580 for the ZL-1 camaro. the 450 hp is the BASE vette, there's more for ya!

I knew there had to be something more lol

Yes, it's a BASE car that will take on the world's BEST for 1/10th-1/4 the price.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I can't wait to see what they are going to do with the Z06/ZR1 versions (or whatever they decide to call the hot ones!)
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

What DO you drive anyway? You have extremely expensive taste, yet I never see you post about your own vehicles
21.gif
would be nice to see some pics and details!
smile.gif

I got made fun of last time I posted a car I wanted to buy on here. I don't talk about vehicles I own on this forum other than my work truck.

Last edited:

I got made fun of last time I posted a car I wanted to buy on here. I don't talk about vehicles I own on this forum other than my work truck.

Wasn't that a Mercedes? I thought that was a nice car........

If you call this ugly then you simply don't have gasoline in your veins!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ferrari-f12berlinetta-first-drive-review

I LOVE functional styling. Aero looks good to me, and reveals the true focus of a car's developers. Ferrari has no issues with focus, theirs is razor sharp!

Not to state the obvious (as you already have) but beauty may be in the eye of the 'beholder'....but the Ferrari you posted has lines and curves that I think most would call beautiful. Italians know how to empower a car with beauty and performance. The new Vette? Not so much. Yes, it's a sure performer and a monster on the road, but that's not all there is to a truly fine automobile. The Vette reminds me of a transformer kind of vehicle with rather crude looks (but yes, I'd take one if offered). Just my completely valueless opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrewg
If you call this ugly then you simply don't have gasoline in your veins!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ferrari-f12berlinetta-first-drive-review

I LOVE functional styling. Aero looks good to me, and reveals the true focus of a car's developers. Ferrari has no issues with focus, theirs is razor sharp!

Not to state the obvious (as you already have) but beauty may be in the eye of the 'beholder'....but the Ferrari you posted has lines and curves that I think most would call beautiful. Italians know how to empower a car with beauty and performance. The new Vette? Not so much. Yes, it's a sure performer and a monster on the road, but that's not all there is to a truly fine automobile. The Vette reminds me of a transformer kind of vehicle with rather crude looks (but yes, I'd take one if offered). Just my completely valueless opinion.

Definitely not valueless IMO! Get it?

I love my car because even after almost 8 years of ownership it STILL looks good to me when I walk up to it. And I truly do not mean to be offensive when I say that I could care less about what anyone else thinks, I buy cars to please me alone.

And I believe everyone should own a car that pleases them and not have to worry what others think. These are the same folks who spend too much time looking behind them when they should have been looking ahead!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Wasn't that a Mercedes? I thought that was a nice car........

Got to grow some skin, man. I have people call my ride a "gangster car". I have heard it all.

But no one here needs to see everything you have, that's a choice we make individually.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
but the Ferrari you posted has lines and curves that I think most would call beautiful. Italians know how to empower a car with beauty and performance. The new Vette? Not so much. Just my completely valueless opinion.
I value it, and you were SPOT ON! Well stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back