DuraDrive MV Synthetic ATF fluid by Petro Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. Can you get Maxlife ATF up there ? Here are the specs for both different fluids :

Petro Canada DuraDrive

Maxlife ATF

My personal preference is Maxlife. It seems that its thinner at 40C as well, and has better Brookfield specs @-40C vs Petro Canada. With the colder temps you experience up North, I would recommend Maxlife over this.

I use Maxlife ATF in one of my Sonata's ( 126000km)
But would like to try another ATF in the newer Sonata (45500km).

I just got it at 44000km, 4 yrs old with original ATF fluid still in it.
The tranny shift very good no problem but the fluid is black and 4 yrs old.

Hyundai atf fluid: $12.88 at dealership.
Petro Canada atf fluid: $6.06 at PC depots.
All 1Lt bottles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
I use Maxlife ATF in one of my Sonata's ( 126000km)
But would like to try another ATF in the newer Sonata (45500km).

I just got it at 44000km, 4 yrs old with original ATF fluid still in it.
The tranny shift very good no problem but the fluid is black and 4 yrs old.

Hyundai atf fluid: $12.88 at dealership.
Petro Canada atf fluid: $6.06 at PC depots.
All 1Lt bottles.

Honestly, any fluid meeting or exceeding the minimum oe requirements is going to be better than 4 years old trans fluid. If PC fluid is easily available, and for a good price according to you, then feel free to use it. All I can say, is looking at the specs, between the two, Maxlife would get my vote.

Replaced ATF fluid today with Maxlife ATF. Used the cooler line flush method, pumped out total of 13 liter ( some were new fluid too..)

Transmission shift and operate perfectly!

The only application I would recommend against DuraDrive MV is when in Toyota WS applications, we have had customers report shift issues in them, mainly being hybrids. In this case we ordered and installed genuine WS or Amsoil ATF. Otherwise it was problem free while in use for the year we kept it in service.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
The only application I would recommend against DuraDrive MV is when in Toyota WS applications, we have had customers report shift issues in them, mainly being hybrids.

The only problem in that statement is hybrids don't shift as they have a planetary gear with CVT-like characteristics, but not being actual CVT.

Let me re-phrase then. For what I remember they were cabs and they were having transmission issues after a drain and refill with DuraDrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back