2013 Elantra oil advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into different prices of oils at my local Walmart. The internet does say they do carry Motorcraft and the more I read on it, the more I like it.

I've always been a Mobil 1 guy, but mainly because I was younger, went for the marketing hype, and never bothered to do some actual research and talk to people.

Motorcraft 5W-20 is an EXCELLENT oil, using that for 3750-mile changes would be a top-notch way to go.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Originally Posted By: Oldasco
I use Quaker State 10W-20 in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata (non-turbo engine) with 3750 OCI. I figure on 4 oil changes/yr with my driving. The difference in cost for 5 qts. oil between QS conventional and QS synthetic is about $6.33 at Wal-Mart, so using the synthetic costs me about $25 extra/yr. I know conventional would work fine, but I'm splurging on the synthetic for my new car. I use the Hyundai OEM filters too.

If you use 10W-30, you are outside warranty requirements.

If the temps remain above 0F, then 10w-30 is a allowable grade

Have a 2011 Hyundai Elanta. Use MC semi-syn 5w-20 (5qt red jug) from Wally world and OEM filter and change every 5k and rotate tires same time. No issues and live in Texas heat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back