Polaris PS-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A VOA for PURE POLARIS PS-4 Synthetic ATV oil. This isn't the PS-4 PLUS version.

We see nothing in this data that would indicate this oil isn't good for use. No wear metals, moisture,
or insolubles were found. The viscosity read in the 20W/50 range. Molybdenum is an anti-wear additive
along with phosphorus and zinc. Calcium is a detergent/dispersant. We think this oil should work well for
your ATV.

ALUMINUM: 0
CHROMIUM: 0
IRON: 0
COPPER: 0
LEAD: 0
TIN: 0
MOLY: 45
NICKEL: 0
MANGANESE: 0
SILVER: 0
TITANIUM: 0
POTASSIUM: 0
BORON: 2
SILICON: 2
SODIUM: 0
CALCIUM: 1280
MAGNESIUM: 4
PHOSPHOROUS: 561
ZINC: 810
BARIUM: 0

SUS VISC. @210F: 95.2
Cst Visc. @100C: 19.22
Flashpoint: 420
Fuel %: —
Antifreeze %: —
Water %: 0.0
Insolubles %: 0.0
TBN:
TAN:
ISO Code:

Welcome. I hope there was lab error making the PPM concentrations less than actual because they are quite low on all of the usual metals, except for the moly concentration which is of a typical amount. If this were a Low SAPS oil I'd understand but I doubt it considering it's for ATVs.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking and learning here for awhile now and thought I'd contribute. Blackstone did the analysis and they were not told what the oil was. They only knew it was "factory fill" oil. After getting the report I've never bought another quart.

Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
That is a pathetic looking oil for the price.

It sure is,,thats why you run a HDEO,it's cheaper and allot more healthy built robust oil that works.

Was this test done on new oil?

Originally Posted By: PolarisLaw
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking and learning here for awhile now and thought I'd contribute. Blackstone did the analysis and they were not told what the oil was. They only knew it was "factory fill" oil. After getting the report I've never bought another quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back