Do your part- call to action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you.
thumbsup2.gif

In the NY area, The Journal News (a Gannett newspaper) published the name and address of all LEGAL handgun owners including retired LEO's. New York City has the most restrictive handgun laws in the nation and as a result only criminals have handguns.

I suggest a nationwide boycott of Gannett newspapers and their advertisers. Let the advertiser know why you stopped using their product.

Originally Posted By: pbm
In the NY area, The Journal News (a Gannett newspaper) published the name and address of all LEGAL handgun owners including retired LEO's. New York City has the most restrictive handgun laws in the nation and as a result only criminals have handguns.

I suggest a nationwide boycott of Gannett newspapers and their advertisers. Let the advertiser know why you stopped using their product.

NY state law says that the name and address of anyone with a permit for a handgun is public information. So they published public information. How is that bad?

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have written all my elected officials saying I support new laws to cut down gun violence.

Baaaahh, bahhhh

In the NY area, The Journal News (a Gannett newspaper) published the name and address of all LEGAL handgun owners including retired LEO's.

And Putnam County (my hometown) said no! Good for them!

NY state law says that the name and address of anyone with a permit for a handgun is public information. So they published public information. How is that bad?

Indeed it is public information, but the context in which the Journal News published it was to 'shame' the permit-holders, like they were bringing this 'hidden' information to light in order to protect people from their gun-owning neighbors. It was very irresponsible, done only to push the paper-owner's personal views. There's a lot of that agenda-pushing going on nowadays.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

Indeed it is public information, but the context in which the Journal News published it was to 'shame' the permit-holders, like they were bringing this 'hidden' information to light in order to protect people from their gun-owning neighbors. It was very irresponsible, done only to push the paper-owner's personal views. There's a lot of that agenda-pushing going on nowadays.

I might suggest that public information is never dangerous. If someone acts on that information you should concentrate on that controlling that person, not the information.

As a solution we should publish a list of people who have commited crimes against gun owners.

Last edited:

And even the STOOGES know ILLEGAL handgun owners are the ones likely to misuse them.

Why not give the felons a MAP as well, and a list of the hours the owners work? In MY stste, it's NOT public, for that reason.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

I might suggest that public information is never dangerous. If someone acts on that information you should concentrate on that controlling that person, not the information.

As a solution we should publish a list of people who have commited crimes against gun owners.
How about a map of the homes of illegal aliens and descriptions of the uninsured, unregistered vehicles they drive while running over American Citizens?

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
No silly state, local or federal law will stop some idiot from going on a shooting spree .
Or stocking up on diesel and plant food.

I have written all my elected officials saying I support new laws to cut down gun violence.
Like what... publishing the names and addresses of all the certified NUT JOBs out there who shouldn't be let within a 1000 feet of a firearms dealer?

Its bad because its done solely for POLITICAL PURPOSES, pushing their left wing agenda. Anyone with even a single brain cell could see that. Can you, Donald?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
[
How about a map of the homes of illegal aliens and descriptions of the uninsured, unregistered vehicles they drive while running over American Citizens? [/quote]

AMEN.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
How about a map of the homes of illegal aliens and descriptions of the uninsured, unregistered vehicles they drive while running over American Citizens?

AMEN.

thumbsup2.gif

In the NY area, The Journal News (a Gannett newspaper) published the name and address of all LEGAL handgun owners including retired LEO's.

And Putnam County (my hometown) said no! Good for them!
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back