Mmo intake inverse oiler(thanks DP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with one. Apparently it's a jar filled with mmo. It has a hose to a jet that mists mmo into the intake stream.
I am aware that I should install the jet after the maf and AIT on my mustang and since the hemi is speed density(stone age like come on dodge) it really doesn't matter where I put it however to atomize the mmo better I should go as far upstream as possible.
What about DI engines? Wouldn't one of these help deposits?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Does anyone have any experience with one. Apparently it's a jar filled with mmo. It has a hose to a jet that mists mmo into the intake stream.
I am aware that I should install the jet after the maf and AIT on my mustang and since the hemi is speed density(stone age like come on dodge) it really doesn't matter where I put it however to atomize the mmo better I should go as far upstream as possible.
Thanks in advance

PM me and I'll tell you how to set it up. I've used one for about 30 years, come to think of it maybe even longer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Thanks in advance

PM me and I'll tell you how to set it up. I've used one for about 30 years, come to think of it maybe even longer.
Can other fluids be put in there like a PEA fuel system cleaner? Or water?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Thanks in advance

It's my understanding that it can dispense any fluid.
Dermapaint. Since you have extensive experience with the system could you breakdown the system for us,pics would be going above and beyond if possible.

Thank you

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Thanks in advance

It's my understanding that it can dispense any fluid.
Dermapaint. Since you have extensive experience with the system could you breakdown the system for us,pics would be going above and beyond if possible.

Thank you

Pictures are difficult at the moment, my wife is visiting her sister down south and has the camera. Where I have the oiler installed is not conducive to taking pictures of it either.

The system is fairly simple, it works when engine vacuum drops, this happens when the engine is under load. So high speed idling, or racing the engine while in park or neutral doesn't speed up the flow of the MMO. It simply mounts to where there is space under the hood, and a vacuum line is [Tee] fitted into the PCV vacuum hose. There is a knob on the top of the unit which you'd use to calibrate the oiler, via a small sight glass. Once installed you go for a drive warm up the engine and look at the site glass while idling, and count drips off MMO through this site glass. You'll see the oil drip through this little brass funnel [for lack of a better term] as it goes into the vacuum line. ~ 12-15 drops per minute is in the ballpark of where you'd want to be to use about 1 qt of MMO per 1,000 miles. These numbers are approximate for my user pattern of a 4.9L Ford I6. You can increase or decrease the amount of MMO via this knob. Keep in mind MMO doesn't pass through the fuel injectors in a FI engine.

They state not to use anything but MMO in it, although I see no reason with a product having similar viscosity, or thinner than MMO not working, but they advise against it.

They offered then in three sizes, a clear glass 1 qt unit, a nice metal 2 qt unit, or a 4 qt unit. I have the 2 qt version of the MMO Inverse Oiler. I disconnected it after more than 20 years of use in my 88 E-150, and noticed the tail pipe change from a greyish black, to more of a black color. When I reconnected it, the grayish color of the tail pipe came back again. I had it off for about 6 months, after about 1 month the color changed back to that greyish color I mentioned.

I think one of these oilers might help with DI, although I have no experience with DI, and have been avoiding it for now.

Here's a picture I found on the www. of the 1 qt glass unit. The top is the same as mine which is the metal 2 qt unit, the gallon unit uses the same top as well. You can see the adjustment knob at the top, and the site glass as well. The hardest part of the installation is finding a place for the unit. HTH

Oiler%20photo.jpg

Last edited:
Correction to the above, they made a 1 qt glass unit, a 2 qt glass unit, and a 2 qt metal unit, which is what I have. It's been 30 or so years, sorry.

Thanks DP.
I'm ordering 2 tomorrow. There is a gent who has these NOS,still mmo branded. I like the idea. Do they do anything as far as fuel consumption,not that it's a big deal.
I wonder if a person used alcohol in one if it would decrease the need for a higher octane fuel?
No question they would clean the intake tract and valves. Or a mix of 2 stroke oil and acetone as an upper cylinder lube. You would never have to worry about dosing the fuel properly,just adjust the flow valve.
The potential is making my brain fire up.
I wonder why they lost favour?
And the potential for DI,it should stock equipment on those type of engines.
Thanks DP

I didn't see much in terms of fuel economy, but they've been in service on two vehicles since they were new. Now one is sitting in a box, and will go into a 351 V8 Ford powered boat this spring. We will run a heavier dose, and see how things go. A few things to keep in mind: The Inverse Oiler is not supplying the UCL through the injectors, so you will not get the benefit of cleaning fuel injectors with it. The other observation is when I disconnected it, the inside of the tail pipe got sooty black. Reconnecting it turned the inside of the pipe a cleaner looking grayish black, I would consider that a positive.

In an older engine it will make the engine idle smoother.

Report back, just expect to take some heat if you have anything positive to say about it. I think DI will benefit from it.

i have been using this one for 3 years, www.ampcolubes.com dont set the adj screw more than 1/4 turn for most engines. this is not the old Marvel Mystery Oil one, but it does he same thing. 3 years no trouble. the guy that has these is very good to talk to. he knows the old organal MMO ones to. AND i have one of the old orgnal MMO ones. but will not use it cause they have a colectors value.

Originally Posted By: morris
i have been using this one for 3 years, www.ampcolubes.com dont set the adj screw more than 1/4 turn for most engines. this is not the old Marvel Mystery Oil one, but it does he same thing. 3 years no trouble. the guy that has these is very good to talk to. he knows the old organal MMO ones to. AND i have one of the old orgnal MMO ones. but will not use it cause they have a colectors value.

That's exactly where I'm buying mine. The gents name it George.
Well I might be mistaken about the NOS part then. I thought he had advertised that. I found the site because of being unable to find mmo locally,he sells mmo.
What's the cost for mmo at the store usually? He's selling for 6 bucks a quart.

yep i think you are right about the NOS. i think i should buy a few. i think mine is a ST400. dont think ill use my old ORG MMO unit. and you are right about George, he is a great guy. he repairs the old ORG MMO units. he sent me a new seal set for the old ORG MMO units.

a airline oiler needs a large volume of air. ie compressed air. the ones iam talking about uses engine vacuum. an inverse oiler puts oil in the intake air stream. if put in the gas it mostly misses the valve guide, and hits the top of the valve head when its open. missing the valve stem. i run both. i like it in the gas to get some MMO on the fuel pump in the gas tank, and the fuel injectors.

Originally Posted By: morris
a airline oiler needs a large volume of air. ie compressed air. the ones iam talking about uses engine vacuum. an inverse oiler puts oil in the intake air stream. if put in the gas it mostly misses the valve guide, and hits the top of the valve head when its open. missing the valve stem. i run both. i like it in the gas to get some MMO on the fuel pump in the gas tank, and the fuel injectors.

+1

Well I just bought 2 of them from George. I'll post if there are any improvements in how the truck and mustang run.
I was thinking. What if a person put for example techron in the tank. Would it clean intake valves and everything on the intake airstream.
And with this order I've managed to get some mmo. It's unattainable locally. So I'm going to be joining the mmo club.
I will be using it in the inverse oiler of course,but I'm sure ill be able to find other uses for it as well.

Fascinating. I already get pronounced benefits from having MMO in my gas, will this actually increase the benefits?

I don't understand enough about engines to understand why it's different than putting it in the gas but reading here it clearly and apparently is.

Besides smoother running, I believe my mpg increases from MMO are due to the UCL properties. Will this increase the UCL abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back