Glad to see Gov. Cuomo is leading the nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY will just get its illegal guns from states with looser gun laws, like always. Stopping a crook from getting an illegal gun is difficult by definition.

what I heard earlier describes this best

"you cant legislate out bad intentions."

If they are thinking of making guns illegal and expecting it to work, as they are blaming guns and not "bad" people, well...

Why don't they make it illegal to be a crooked politician?

Why don't they throw bankers in jail when they commit serious crimes? They don't even loose their jobs and still get bonuses.

Heck, while their at it make murder and assault illegal too. Never mind.

If this gun grabbing and legislation gets more perverse by the noodle heads like Piers Morgan who fled his gunless violent nation for personal reasons, North America will be a Communist slave nation like all the others I guess.

Oh our dear public servant Cuomo and his speech.....

tumblr_m3qi05XNdY1ruoy68o1_500.gif

They did the same thing in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre. They banned high powered semi autos.

The reason Martin Bryant (Port Arthur shooter) killed so many people is directly related to the type of weapons he used, that being a semi automatics. Had he had bolt action rifles with 5 round magazines, not as many people would have died.

Farmers, recreational shooters, sports shooters can still shoot and own guns. They just can't own guns that have the capability of killing LOTS of people quickly. The only members of society that can carry those weapons are law enforcement and military.

FWIW, there hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since these measures were introduced and people still own guns. Just not the rapid firing kind.

An idiot can get it in their head to rent an Econoline van and run over a crowd of people at a bus stop, lined up for a movie, or on a Black Friday.

You can buy a Samurai sword at a mall.

My buddy almost died at a strip club because he was nursing a beer and someone put green coolant into his beer bottle when he went to the washroom. He later complained of extreme nausea and a headache and "really feeling horrible" if I remember right (happened over 15 years ago).

Beside his beer bottle on the dark round tables there was a lime green glint off a wet streak near his beer bottle... Very, very malicious indeed.

I never bothered with the strip club scene after that. You don't tip enough, or the right people when you "should" or they try to poison you with coolant?? Sick.

Then there is the pedophiles, and how they are "people" too.

Please. This gun topic will never go away as long as there are idiots in America or despots that want to ruin your life.

How well is the gun ban in Mexico doing may I ask??

Welp being a New Yorker Myself, I still fully intend on taking the course and getting a carry permit. Saying that as someone who generally likes the job Cuomo is doing here in NY.

Of course the woman in Georgia that plugged a guy in the face with 5 rounds of 38 special is perfect proof that bad guys don't always go down easy. Imagine how that poor woman would have fared if there had been two or three intruders.

The idea that you can dispense of any intruders with 10 shots or less is ridiculous. Cuomo does not want you to defend yourself. He specifically said " you don't need 10 rounds for deer hunting". Once again...show me where in the second amendment where there is any mention of hunting. Its for defense.

Hopefully the NY senate will not let this [censored] fly since it tends to lean more conservative than the NYC dominated assembly.

Originally Posted By: dirtydannyd
They did the same thing in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre. They banned high powered semi autos.

The reason Martin Bryant (Port Arthur shooter) killed so many people is directly related to the type of weapons he used, that being a semi automatics. Had he had bolt action rifles with 5 round magazines, not as many people would have died.

Farmers, recreational shooters, sports shooters can still shoot and own guns. They just can't own guns that have the capability of killing LOTS of people quickly. The only members of society that can carry those weapons are law enforcement and military.

FWIW, there hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since these measures were introduced and people still own guns. Just not the rapid firing kind.

Mo mass shootings but the date I see from Oz tells me that violence across the board is up double digits since the ban. There may not be any highly publicized mass shootings but there is an uptick in violence and that constant drip drip drip of violence does not make the news and does not sell the papers.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Mo mass shootings but the date I see from Oz tells me that violence across the board is up double digits since the ban. There may not be any highly publicized mass shootings but there is an uptick in violence and that constant drip drip drip of violence does not make the news and does not sell the papers.

True. Violence is up. People are getting increasingly violent in bars, clubs and road rage incidents are becoming more common. There are a number of social reasons for this desensitization towards violence and the restriction of rapid firing rifles and high capacity magazines is not one of them. People are being punched and stabbed. Not shot. 30+ people don't die if someone goes on a rampage with a sword (or a bolt action rifle with 5 round clip).

And with regards to your comment about "not being any highly publicized mass shootings" I would like to correct you on that. There are NO mass shootings. On the odd occasion where someone is shot (usually bikie gangs or criminal underworld) it's highly publicized.

It's a matter of perspective really. Few people own guns here in Oz. Even fewer people carry them. Fewer still are hurt by them. People feel and are safer as a result.

Fewer people were killed in America last year by rifles of any type than hammers/clubs or plain old fists. And that is a concrete FBI statistic. Violence in the USA is near a 40 year low despite there being millions more of these guns...that is a Dept of Justice fact.

So in America....its not that big of a problem as the media says it is. Yes its a shame when these things happen, and there are ways to curb the number of them. As a former federal firearms license holder I can tell you that many of the laws are not enforced properly.

Originally Posted By: dirtydannyd
30+ people don't die if someone goes on a rampage with a sword (or a bolt action rifle with 5 round clip).

Depends on how many 5 round magazines he has, and how long it takes for someone to stop him. If he has 20, 5 round mags and nobody stops him before he fires all 100 rounds, there could be lots of dead people. Where does the control and banning stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back