Suggested Oil for 2008 Chrysler 300 3.5L AWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought my 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited AWD with the 3.5L a few months ago. So far I have put about 5K on it and have changed the oil once. The oil I used was Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10W-30. But now the circumstances are a bit different. I am an aggressive driver and now have applied the Diablo Sport Trinity Tune (preloaded) to the mix. At the current moment she has 36K on the ticker. Any suggestions on what oil I should be using? She is already requesting yet another oil change. Thanks in advance.

You are doing fine with Mobil 1 10w-30. You could try Pennzoil Ultra 10w-30 too, i like that oil.

If you want superior protection (at a cost), i would suggest Redline 10w-30.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Winter I'd use a 5w-30 or 0w-30 depending on ambient temp. Summer the 10w-30 is likely great.

Sounds good to me.

Actually I have been burning quite a bit of oil. I did an oil change about 3k ago and have since had to add a quart. I think my next modification is going to be a catch can. I sure hope all of this oil isn't going into my plenum. I think my next oil change will be 5w-30 until spring.

Originally Posted By: DarkStar
Actually I have been burning quite a bit of oil. I did an oil change about 3k ago and have since had to add a quart. I think my next modification is going to be a catch can. I sure hope all of this oil isn't going into my plenum. I think my next oil change will be 5w-30 until spring.

Monitor how much it burns. The 3.5 is known to burn but seemingly with no ill effects. Mine is at 1qt every 1k miles which is why I'm giving MaxLife a test. I'm a synthetic guy, but if it burns at that rate there's no point (in my personal cost vs benefit analysis) to using synthetic over conventional.

That's great to know. I was getting kind of nervous about it. I'm a synthetic guy as well so I'll probably stick with it. Hopefully the catch can helps.

My `04 Intrepid with the 3.5l and 140k burned about 1 qt per 2500 miles of Synpower. I see a noticeable improvement with PU... maybe 500-1000 miles. I do about 7500 mile OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back