Found an ST 3614 E-Core in my stash.. Use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through my filter stash and found an old ST3614 E-Core filter I had originally bought for my (long gone) 93 Saturn SL2. My daughter now has a 2012 Ford Fiesta that uses the same filter. I was thinking about 5 quarts of Nextgen 5W-20 with the ST filter for the next oil change on my daughters car. I think I read there have been issues with e-cores getting holes poked in their filtering media? But I wonder if this would be less likely with a thin oil like a 5W-20 and where it never gets too cold like here in Arizona? Any thoughts?

Why chance it. It seems the ecore filters are slowly disappearing ... maybe for a reason.

I'd use it on the Fiesta and sleep well at night.

Heck, I WILL use it if you send it to me. It fits our Mazda 5 as well.

Use it now while the ford's still under warranty.
laugh.gif

How many e-cores were installed in how many cars at various oil change venues that were run for unintended long drains without incident by clueless car owners?
I wouldn't buy an e-core, but if one just happened to turn up, I'd run it for a 5K OCI without worry.
It's very unlikely you'd have any problems, and you can have problems with any filter, just as a result of the luck of the draw.

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
they aren't disappearing, Defense filters are now becoming e-cores.

I just have to say that your signature is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back