PU vs Castrol Edge w Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard call. Both are top quality products. Only thing I know to tell ya is read through the uoas. Compare as many 10k + uoas as you can and make up your own mind. Before they went to calling all castrol syn edge the edge was 10× the oil that syntech was. And it was pretty popular here so there should be plenty of threads on it.
Im a SOPUS guy myself tho, so I would choose PU for my cars.

I once had an old 94 Taurus 3.8 liter. I used old fashion havoline 10w30 for 12 years and at 200k miles, it never used oil. How did that happen...Now I am a fan of synthetic oils, don't get me wrong, but, but and but, it is sometimes hard to argue for them when you had very good success with old fashion dino stuff, just saying. Maybe I was just lucky on that 94 Taurus.

Anyone got any dino oil longetivity stories using old fashion dino oils.....

No comparison the PU is superior.
Check the spec sheet out on Castrol. Instead of numbers they just have OK and it has a lousy pour point.
IMO this stuff looks like real swill when compared to PU. I wouldn't take it as a gift.

Castrol Edge

The latest UOAs I have seen would put Castrol Edge with Ti as a slightly better product than PU. But you couldn't go wrong with either one. I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

Wondering if this new combo of Sodium and Titanium is going to make its way into all the oil companies receipts?

The combo seems to be producing many positive UOAs.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-

And in the end, to me, this is what matters most anyways.
I have never used Edge but I would give it a try if I could get a deal on it.

Originally Posted By: daman
^^^ i agree PU anyday of the week!

Ok how bout PU vs M1
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: daman
^^^ i agree PU anyday of the week!

Ok how bout PU vs M1
crackmeup2.gif

Have both, Shhhhhh..

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

Castrol Edge, all varieties, is on BOGO this month at Advance. While it is frustrating the Castrol chooses not to be forthcoming with published data, UOA's for both brands have generally been impressive.

Castrol's products are far, far better IMO than their marketing.

Just hope it doesn't drop below -27f with the 5w30 or it wont pump. The high pour point isn't good.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Just hope it doesn't drop below -27f with the 5w30 or it wont pump. The high pour point isn't good.

Castrol's pds' are awful, as you know. Can't help but wonder if that's not a minumum rather than an actual pour point.

I have never used Castrol products. While some of them are very good, I prefer other brands because I don't like how they market their products, which are often just mediocre.

Originally Posted By: Buster
While some of them are very good

Yes they are. I love the Castrol products made in Germany and used the almost exclusively for decades. They are top shelf product.
They are not related to product sold in the US in any way other than the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back