Microgard cabin air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions/reviews on Microgard cabin air filters (Oreilly's store brand)? Comparison to Wix? Bosch?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I did a search for Microgard cabin air filters and didn't find much info.

Thanks in advance.

Microguard filters are now made by Fram. Used to be Purolator but Oreilly is very cheap. A Wix has a better better filter media with more pleats per inch.

I got one for my Sonata. Made in China. It appeared OK quality and seems to be working fine.

There are probably better options.

It's hard to find good information on filtering efficiency for cabin filters.

If actual filtering ability is important to you, then you should see if you can cut up a regular 1 inch home filter into the size you need.

Choosing from a selection of home filters gives you better knowledge on what the actual level of filtering is.

Most filters will filter pollen though. That's quite a basic level of filtration.

What I look for now is charcoal because that removes VOCs including smells. These are the contaminants that you really want filtered when driving. So you could look for custom made cabin filters with charcoal or cut up the one or two home ones that contain charcoal (sometimes labelled for pet use). Note that these often have basic pollen filtering and no choice of really efficient filtering like some of the non charcoal ones

Originally Posted By: silverbullet
Any opinions/reviews on Microgard cabin air filters (Oreilly's store brand)? Comparison to Wix? Bosch?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I did a search for Microgard cabin air filters and didn't find much info.

Thanks in advance.

I just put in a cabin air filter into my Son's 1999 Altima. I guess it was an option on this car back in the day and his didn't have it. So..... I cut out the slots where it was supposed to be an installed WIX filters. Wix air and cabin air filters are about all I use. YMMV
I would hazard a guess that a cars cabin air filter is one of the MOST overlooked items.

JP

Originally Posted By: DaHen
Most owners don't even know that they have a cabin filter in their cars.

^ This! LOL

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back