endangered species ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that nobody seems to have or care about 2nd gen chevy small block V8's 262-400 ci. . I mean there used to be tens of thousands of them on the road in C3 and C4 corvettes, camaros, caprices, impala's, chevy and GMC trucks and so on. I did manage to locate Fram XG30 filters for my LM1 interceptor motor but there hard to come by. There were I think about 60,000,000 of them made ?

Originally Posted By: jrtribology
Why is it that nobody seems to have or care about 2nd gen chevy small block V8's 262-400 ci. . I mean there used to be tens of thousands of them on the road in C3 and C4 corvettes, camaros, caprices, impala's, chevy and GMC trucks and so on. I did manage to locate Fram XG30 filters for my LM1 interceptor motor but there hard to come by. There were I think about 60,000,000 of them made ?

Can you easily get an orange can for them?

What is the topic here?

The demise of an engine, or the availability of filters.

I see plenty of filters for this engine series ...

Last edited:
I'm reading it as the lack of available oil filters.

I saw a bunch of random Fram orange cans sitting in the clearance aisle at wal mart. They were a dollar a piece. I sold them to a friendly fellow on here for what I paid + shipping. He said the filters for his old MG Midget were very scarce and he'd take an orange can even though it wasn't his preference.

I guess we can be thankful if we have a wide variety of filters for our vehiecle to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back