Whoa! Coincidence? FPC-1 works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One tank is not an accurate enough measurement, you have lots of room for inaccuracies. How much the tank gets filled, how you drive, weather, ect.

The only way to accurately measure mileage would be over the course of several tanks, filled at the same pump, driven the same route.

-T

I've just started using a fuel additive called FPC-1 in one of our vehicles. It is supposed to take some period of time before results are seen with this additive, and there is supposed to be a similar tapering-off period if/when you stop.

However, my last fuel-up (first tank burned w/FPC-1) showed over a 5% fuel economy improvement despite a brief top-speed run
cool.gif

A couple of tanks before this, I also switched from my winter Kendall 10W30 oil to my summer John Deere 15W40. The increase in mileage was compared to the previous tank, which was about a percent above my average for the time I've owned the car (~2.5 years) running both 10W30 and 5W or 15W40. The car's fuel economy is very stable no matter the season and no matter the driving conditions. It generally does slightly worse with lots of 80mph freeway driving, which was much of this tank.

I know you're all thinking that warmer weather explains this. My reply is: The weather here has been 10-20 degrees cooler the past 2 weeks than it was the 2-3 weeks before that. Plus, the car is garaged so start-up temps in the morning are essentially the same.

I'm saving all receipts so I can test this over significant time/mileage, but thought I'd post a teaser. If it continues to work, I'll try it in our other vehicle.

Yeah, didn't I say that? This was a teaser because the car has never achieved 25mpg ever, and it got 25.6 despite there being a blast to 120mph and some driving around in muddy fields, neither of which helped.

Unlike most additives, the lab data is there for FPC-1. The question I'm addressing is reality.

Update #2:

Fuel usage appears to show the "uptake" effect that the university studies of this product talk about. Mileage in the '91 Subaru has gone up from a long-standing average of ~24.6 mpg. The first tank was mid-25, the next was 26.4, and the most recent was 28.4479 mpg. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing whether this will continue.

I put it in our other car yesterday to see what, if any, effect it will have in it.

I am familiar with these iron based catalysts and was wondering what the pricing was for this particular one?

I have been using a similar product in my diesel and occasionally in my gasser and I noticed that I do not get the big gains that a loaded engine does. I did notice an increase in power and a decrease in exhaust particulates in the diesel. For everyday driving I noticed an increase of about 3.25% in the diesel at highway speeds of 55 to 65 mph. The cost of the product eats up about 1/2 of the gain, hence the reason I asked about the price.

The mix ratio I used was 1 oz per 23 gallons of diesel fuel or about 3000:1. I believe 5000:1 was for gasoline.

If you tow or haul then you will get larger mileage gains than I saw at 3.25%.

These iron based catalysts have been around since WWII according to the patents that I read on their history. It seems the biggest stumbling block to their being used is the cost of manufacture versus the gains in fuel economy.

If you want your chipped diesel to perform even better and produce less smoke and lower EGTs then this is a product for you.

BTW. The product I am familiar with is called CleanBoost and I get it locally from a company at www.meor.net. It finally received EPA approval this week. We have been expecting it since last August. Yes, I do work for MEOR(RF10, Cleanboost) and EMTA(XenTx) in some capacity but I will not distribute it via BITOG without first becoming a site sponser.

Please don't contact MEOR about purchases as they are set up to deal with commercial and industrial accounts and do not retail.

This product is 5000:1 whether gasoline or diesel. I cannot recall pricing presently. I was given the small quantity I have by someone just to try. It's a little messy and quite difficult to be super-precise when mixing per tank of fuel. It would be much simpler if I still had my 500-gal gasoline tank.
frown.gif

End of trial update:

After ~3,000 miles, my test is complete. My average fuel economy with the FPC-1 catalyst is 26.3 mpg. That's a significant gain in average economy from what I was getting before (24.6 longtime average). Now that I'm off the catalyst, the economy is dropping. That is also what the maker said to expect.

We did not end up giving the other car a test beyond a couple tanks; the product can be somewhat messy and my wife didn't want to deal with it.

Just thought some of you might like to know.

i've noticed variations from 14.4 to 18.5mpg from tank to tank with no significant change in driving routine, fuel, addatives, weight or weather in my rodeo. So- seeing a 1mpg improvement for awhile, wouldn't convince me of anything. Though I would love to find a product that would make a notable long term difference. If your vehicle is normally far less sparatic in economy than mine- then maybe your test is statistically significant.

The studies on the web site are based on testing at university labs.
That's as credible to me as the claims made for any product by any person on this board.
The one lab said "8.4% improvement in fuel mileage" in a Ford 302. [1]
Another lab cited a 6% improvement in fuel consumption in "...steady-state engine tests (constant load and rpm) in a single cylinder diesel engine called the Varimax test engine." [2]
bulwnkl claims to have about a 7% improvment.
That seems reasonable.
Now I'm just wondering how much this stuff costs.
At a 5000:1 ratio, 1 gallon would be a 3 year supply for both of my cars.
Seriously... can I buy this in less than a 55-gallon drum?

[1] http://www.fpc1.com/tests/RDI_TBs/TB 099 - Summary of Brigham Young test.htm

[2] http://www.fpc1.com/tests/RDI_TBs/TB 1003 - Test by Curtin University.htm

Yes, it is available in "cases" of 8-oz. bottles. It is much more expensive per ounce this way. The bottles are like some Sta-Bil bottles I've had: You squeeze the bottle and it forces product into an upper chamber that has marks on it for 1/4 & 1/2 ounce (the full chamber is 1 oz.). You then can pour the contents of that chamber into the tank or whatever.

Please remember, folks, I have absolutely no connection to this product or company. I just heard about it from an Aussie member here and gave it a try (the company is here in town). We will not be using it for now (too messy for the wife), but if the stuff she's trying doesn't work or work as well, I'll be right back to buy some to put in my commuter car. Also remember from a post in this forum that I have low compression in 1 cylinder. A fuel catalyst that works might really improve things in such a situation.

427Z06:
It looks like the web site lists two distributors.
I don't want to link directly to distributors due to board rules, but the "FUEL PERFORMANCE CATALYST" web page is located at http://www.fpc1.com/
There is a distributors link on there.

I have been looking for a good fuel additive and stumbled on this stuff. I mainly started looking at it because it is the only additive (catalyst) that had a website that didn't look like a complete scam. When I google'd this stuff I found it being talked about on this forum from six years ago! That's Awesome! They seem to have a ton of test data too even from very recognized independent labs.

Does anyone else have any FPC-1 stories? I see many people from back in the day had a positive experience with FPC, and it looks like they now how smaller sizes available.

Hope to see some responses. Thanks everyone!

I have been looking for a good fuel additive and stumbled on this stuff. I mainly started looking at it because it is the only additive (catalyst) that had a website that didn't look like a complete scam. When I google'd this stuff I found it being talked about on this forum in the "oil additives" section from six years ago! That's Awesome! They seem to have a ton of test data too even from very recognized independent labs.

Does anyone else have any FPC-1 stories? I see many people from back in the day had a positive experience with FPC, and it looks like they now how smaller sizes available.

Hope to see some responses. Thanks everyone!

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to the page in the oil additives section where they talked about this. If someone can let me know I'd appreciate it. If not I posted there and it bumped the post I believe, so it should be near the top with the same title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back