Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment: Any new opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used SPOT(1oz/qt) to spike Chev/Hav 10w30 dino oils. Like others have mentioned, definatly a noticable difference in the overall smoothness of the engine. I've since switched to BC 5w40 and I'm hesitant to use SPOT w/it since BC has such an unusual add. pack.

MolaKule - why do they contain such additives...is it to revitalize the oil it's added to along with helping to keep the extra additives from coming out of suspension?

What about the "air entrapment" effect as noted with Lucus - too little added to have much of any effect?

Interesting...and thanks.

Anybody know where you can get Synpower additive in Canada. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. The only synpower additive I can find is power steering pump sealer.

Absent synpower, anybody know of an additive in Canada that gives a similar boost late in an OCI?

Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Jim 5:
Anybody know where you can get Synpower additive in Canada.

You need to call 1-800-Team-Val (if that number works from Canada?). Ask them who sells it in your area. If nobody, see if you can order direct from Valvoline or maybe your local auto parts chain will special order a case for you. Another alternative is find a web based store that sells it. It is also possible that Valvoline does not market it in Canada.

It is also possible that Valvoline does not market it in Canada.

Yeah! Revenge for hording all the XD-3 synths!!!

I'll give that a try. I don't think valvoline does market it in Canada. It's tough to find that and valvoline/zerex g-48 (blue) coolant that I need for my BMW and Triumph motorbike.

On the other hand..nobody here seems to know about GC 0w30. I can buy M03 and M04 (the green stuff) all day long for about $7 CAD which is around $5 USD. I noticed the M05 (gold) is starting to show up in the higher volume Wal-Marts. I don't have a stash of green yet, but I can pull the trigger on that any time I want!

quote:

MolaKule - why do they contain such additives...is it to revitalize the oil it's added to along with helping to keep the extra additives from coming out of suspension?

What about the "air entrapment" effect as noted with Lucus - too little added to have much of any effect?

I assume you are asking about the thick base or carrier oils?

The Succinimide dispersants (while acting as dispersants in the oil as well) also make it so the additive package is completly soluble in the olefin copolymers and the brightstock.

There is no "falling out" of additives. They stay in solution in PCMO's and HDD's.

quote:

Just a theory, but I suspect they have some kind of additive incompatibility between their base oils and foam inhibitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back