Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watching AXAS?

I opened a position and am selling covered calls on part of it. We will see. Did it partially because of my anticipated upside, and did it partially to learn covered call options, which Ive not done before.

With the new "deal"
lol.gif
what's your plans for the New Year?

Instead of looking at what's previously performed well, where do you think 2013 money gains will be made?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Anyone watching AXAS?

I opened a position and am selling covered calls on part of it. We will see. Did it partially because of my anticipated upside, and did it partially to learn covered call options, which Ive not done before.

How is that working out? I now sell near expiration weekly calls in any position I have; by that time there isn't much premium left but I have no worry about getting assigned, and I can sell new ones next week if I still hold a position.

Last edited:
Well I made some cash on it, and if I get called, I'll have still made 36c/share plus the option sale.

I'll profit if that is the case, and I'm ok long term holding it otherwise.

I use ameritrade, and only see monthly options.

Originally Posted By: Turk
With the new "deal"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I've been a buyer of LINE (got hammered on the way down) and LNCO.

These said, what do you make of this:

Linn Co (LNCO) is essentially a shell company that owns units/shares of Linn Energy (LINE). Its main raison d'etre is to convert LINE's MLP distributions from ordinary income status to "dividend" status. If you want to receive ordinary dividends, you probably want to own LINE through LNCO. For those families making less than $450,000 per year, owning LNCO could mean a significant savings.

http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1090501

My 12/31 addendum position in LINE I may take sell after a bit more run up and then take a nice fat profit. I bought it more on anticipation of an oversold rally than to sit pulling the divvy long term. Apparently this deal only goes so far so we will be discussing it again in a few months.

Well I made some cash on it, and if I get called, I'll have still made 36c/share plus the option sale.

I'll profit if that is the case, and I'm ok long term holding it otherwise.

I use ameritrade, and only see monthly options.

All I see is monthlys as well. For bigger cap companies and most big ETFs, there are weekly options and you can sell calls every week, but the premiums outside the money are tiny at that point. Still a good, safe, extra weekly cash flow source though.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Anyone watching AXAS?

How is that working out? I now sell near expiration weekly calls in any position I have; by that time there isn't much premium left but I have no worry about getting assigned, and I can sell new ones next week if I still hold a position.

So all you do is sell calls at some strike price that is profitable to you... You get some cash, and if it hits, you still sold at a profit, if it doesn't hit, you just made a bit of cash, right?

I've been reading about buying and selling options, like how they appreciate/depreciate in value and how you trade options, not just sell them.

I don't think I'd get into doing that, but it's interesting.

I'm just trying to add minor levels of added profit, so just selling seems ideal to me.

Do you ever actively trade the options?

Are you guys retired? You are living my trading dreams. AKA retirement.

Well how about today?? I hope no one was short. Sold my short fund during the scare last week. WOOT!!

Well how about today?? I hope no one was short. Sold my short fund during the scare last week. WOOT!!

Up 9k in one day.
banana2.gif

MINT sucks.

TIP sucks.

Up 9k in one day.
banana2.gif

MINT sucks.

TIP sucks.

Up 12K yesterday.

I seriously hope you didn't buy MINT and TIP for capital appreciation. MINT has hardly changed in 5 years.

Up 9k in one day.
banana2.gif

MINT sucks.

TIP sucks.

Up 12K yesterday.

I seriously hope you didn't buy MINT and TIP for capital appreciation. MINT has hardly changed in 5 years.

Nope, didn't buy MINT for Cap. App., It's just in the red about every day. Was hoping it would go up a bit & not lose. Only temporary I suppose.

Nope, didn't buy MINT for Cap. App., It's just in the red about every day. Was hoping it would go up a bit & not lose. Only temporary I suppose.

MINT has been in a 101.45 - 101.57 channel for 3 months.

MINT has been in a 101.45 - 101.57 channel for 3 months.

Yea, at least I got a little divy...
smile.gif

With the new "deal"
lol.gif

I've been a buyer of LINE (got hammered on the way down) and LNCO.

These said, what do you make of this:

Linn Co (LNCO) is essentially a shell company that owns units/shares of Linn Energy (LINE). Its main raison d'etre is to convert LINE's MLP distributions from ordinary income status to "dividend" status. If you want to receive ordinary dividends, you probably want to own LINE through LNCO. For those families making less than $450,000 per year, owning LNCO could mean a significant savings.

http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1090501

My 12/31 addendum position in LINE I may take sell after a bit more run up and then take a nice fat profit. I bought it more on anticipation of an oversold rally than to sit pulling the divvy long term. Apparently this deal only goes so far so we will be discussing it again in a few months.

I'm just glad MLP's didn't get abused by the .gov. I've known they were oversold for awhile and as you pointed out, it's been looking cheap. I play both - but really within my SD IRA it makes no difference. I get the little packets from all my MLP's at the end of the year, but don't have to do anything with them - HOPE that doesn't CHANGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back