My new friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
These first two were just shots from the AM that I liked so I wanted to share...

Tortoise_001.jpg

Tortoise_002.jpg

We found this guy on the road today, in a spot where a driver not paying attention could have run him (or her) over. So brought him home and gave some food, will return to the wild tomorrow if he hasnt already gone...

Tortoise_003.jpg

Tortoise_004.jpg

Tortoise_005.jpg

Tortoise_007.jpg

Tortoise_008.jpg

Tortoise_009.jpg

Tortoise_010.jpg

Tortoise_011.jpg

Tortoise_012.jpg

Tortoise_013.jpg

Tortoise_014.jpg

Tortoise_015.jpg

Tortoise_016.jpg

Tortoise_017.jpg

Tortoise_018.jpg

Tortoise_019.jpg

Tortoise_020.jpg

Tortoise_021.jpg

Tortoise_022.jpg

Tortoise_023.jpg

Tortoise_024.jpg

Tortoise_025.jpg

Tortoise_026.jpg

Looks like a little old man! Just needs some golf pants and a cadillac fleetwood brougham!

I'm thinking that New Jersey is having REAL good weather than my Brother in Law is having in Philly!

Or someone is not home...

Good pics!

That is very cool where was that i live in New Jersey and my block has snow on it...LOL
Come to think of it i dont see that many turtles here either but i have seen a few. i do have a snale in my back yard every summer.

Thanks for sharing, made my evening! Great quality pictures, amazing animal, good food choices by the way.

OK, I will confess.

I was extremely tense while viewing your pictures. Your first picture showed a predator circling in the sky. I was afraid that the cute turtle's time was going to be limited on this earth :-(

Why did you post that first picture?

Why? They were on my camera so I figured why not. Didnt intend to scare anyone, and hawk eating tortoise would have been distasteful. I did put a qualifier on the first two pics.

The tortoise is happy in the shade, drinking water and eating mango.

Nice pictures.

There was a huge turtle of some kind living in the pond behind my old house. It was about the size of a guitar case and liked meat. Ham, meatballs, and raw chicken were all favorites, but most of the time I just gave him bread. I think he also ate some eggs another turtle laid on the bank of the pond.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Nice pictures.

There was a huge turtle of some kind living in the pond behind my old house. It was about the size of a guitar case and liked meat. Ham, meatballs, and raw chicken were all favorites, but most of the time I just gave him bread. I think he also ate some eggs another turtle laid on the bank of the pond.

I bet he was a snapper. I saved one from the middle of the road one time. He was HUGE and was trying every way he could to bite me,but couldn`t reach me. I set him down across the street by a pond. I looked back after I laid him down and he was gone! Snappers are VERY fast!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back