Mobil 1 0W20, 4331miles/6971km, 2011 Lexus RX 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year everyone!

This is my 4th UOA on the Lexus. Finally got around to sending the sample to Blackstone (oil was changed last week of October). A shorter-than-usual OCI only because we were heading on a 2 week, 6500km road trip a few days later.

Lexus vehicles sold in Canada require a 5000 mile / 8000 km OCI.

Oil used was M1 AFE 0W-20 SN with a Toyota OEM filter and was replaced with M1 AFE 0W-20 SN with a Hastings filter (that has since been changed out and a sample is ready to be sent to Blackstone).

The only thing that caught my eye was the vast differences in moly in the M1 compared to TGMO (first 2 OCIs).

Driving for this OCI was 60/40 highway vs city miles. The Lexus has been used mostly for road trips this year.

Note: Distances are in kilometres, not miles

lexusuoa1.jpg

Looks good to me even w/o all those VII the TGMO has, and it's "thicker" too.

Nice numbers. I have the same engine in RAV4. Is yours as noisy as mine on cold starts?

Has anyone figured out the source of copper in new engines?

Originally Posted By: daman
looks fine,M1 isn't known for a large slug of Moly,good TBN still, try 7k(miles) next run.

He can't. If you read the whole thing you will see he is under warranty with a 5k oci.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: daman
looks fine,M1 isn't known for a large slug of Moly,good TBN still, try 7k(miles) next run.

He can't. If you read the whole thing you will see he is under warranty with a 5k oci.

Pfft...

I look forward to the day when I can go to 10k OCI (but that cant happen until the warranty runs out). My only concern doing that would be how much TBN would be left after a 10k run....

@getbent No noticeable difference when I went from TGMO to M1. I've since switched to QSUD and no noticeable difference with that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back