STP Fuel Injector cleaner any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call it junk. Just missing some of the modern additives known to be more effective with unleaded fuels. Like PEA for one. Why its less expensive. Less effective.

I have used the complete fuel system treament many times and never have had a fuel related issue, I didnt know it was considered snake oil until I joined this site- maybe it is.
It does have naptha which is a very strong cleaning solvent and at one time there was a gas station down here promoting there fuel as having stp as part of there detergent package, cant remember what gas station it was- may have been Fina. I may switch to techron now that I have been somewhat re-educated on bitog.

The only brands I'd trust in my fuel tank is Red Line and Gumout products.

I think STP is snake oil in any form it is sold under. I think it is just kerosene but not sure.

Well, I already have three bottles of Techron but the reason I was asking was because I needed an extra part in my cart to qualify on AAP for a bigger discount. They are doing BOGO right now on double packs of STP Fuel Injector (4 total) so I figured for $8 I could dive in - but I ended up getting one $7 bottle of Regane System Cleaner.

An Autocraft Silver Battery, a Dorman Drain Plug, and the Regane all cost me $90 including tax. I really do like code A124.

Was there some testing done comparing fuel component cleaners? Im just curious as to how techron and regane became the undisputed champs, it is repeated time and time again as if it were fact. You would think STP would be closed by now if all they sell is snakeoil, where does this info come from? Im not doubting how good techron is, im just wondering how these conclusions were reached.

Originally Posted By: coolbird101
Was there some testing done comparing fuel component cleaners? Im just curious as to how techron and regane became the undisputed champs, it is repeated time and time again as if it were fact. You would think STP would be closed by now if all they sell is snakeoil, where does this info come from? Im not doubting how good techron is, im just wondering how these conclusions were reached.

I'm just gathering this from reading, so I'm regurgating information, but it's probably from the "PEA" amounts or lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back