Pork Loin for New Year's Eve Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually have guests over for dinner on new years eve, and this year we invited the winery employees and their spouses (12 people all together). I made an Asian brined pork loin that was wonderful.

The brine consists of mirin, soy sauce, fresh sliced ginger, pepper and sliced oranges. The pork loin sits in the brine for about 12 hours.

Porkloin1_zps02036890.jpg

After the pork loin comes out of the brine it's allowed to come up to room temperature.

Porkloin2_zpse4e00b7c.jpg

Cut in half, it gets a bit of color added on the stove top before cooking.

Porkloin3_zps4e409957.jpg

Ready to go into the oven for a while. The oranges give it a touch of sweetness.

Porkloin4_zpsd5e96cbc.jpg

Taken before the second half was devoured. It was complimented with roasted potatoes, homemade bread with homemade raspberry jam, and mixed vegetables.

Porkloin5_zps275e89db.jpg

We had a 2005 Henschke Giles Lenswood Vineyard Pinot Noir which I had cellered since I bought a few cases in 2010. It was a great pairing with the pork-spicy yet velvety flavors complimented dinner very well (thanks Australia!).

And, since everyone had some wine, we had them picked up and taken home by a local limo service just to be safe. Everyone left before 9:00 so they can go to other celebrations if the choose.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I made an Asian brined pork loin that was wonderful.

So that's how they make pork loin in Asia?

Looks delicious.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Looks delicious.

I don't know if they make it like that in Asia. It's called Asian brined because of the soy sauce, the ginger and the sweet/sour flavor when it's finished. It's a distinctive Asian pork flavor.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Looks delicious.

I don't know if they make it like that in Asia. It's called Asian brined because of the soy sauce, the ginger and the sweet/sour flavor when it's finished. It's a distinctive Asian pork flavor.

I know... Im sure it tasted great.

Im a big fan of roast pork. My favorite is from the Sang Kee Duck House in Philadelphia.

I think my New Year's resolution is to make a pork loin with that brine...

I wish I can have a taste of that Pork Loin, the picture looks so yummy I'm
20.gif
even I just had dinner with grilled Pork Chop with stir fry vegetable served with steam rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back