Oil for 2011 GMC Yukon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 GMC Yukon 5.3L with active fuel management
Currently has 20,000 miles
Live in Houston, primarily drive it on the highway.
Don't pull a trailer.
Drive about 15,000 miles per year

Per the manual, they say use 5W-30 and it must be dexos approved.

So, what is the best oil and filter for my vehicle? Going to change it today.

And this site is fricking awesome, the technical forums are the best I've found, just mad I didn't find this site years ago.

Welcome to BITOG. The information on this site is staggering.

I'd go with the least expensive dexos approved 5W30 oil and any brand name filter at the factory OCI/OLM while under warranty.

We have an 2011 Equinox and I trust it with the Mobil1 Extended Performance 5W-30 oil and an Mobil1 oil filter. I feel I can go all the way to 0% on the OLM with it.

Originally Posted By: GMTK
2011 GMC Yukon 5.3L with active fuel management
Currently has 20,000 miles
Live in Houston, primarily drive it on the highway.
Don't pull a trailer.
Drive about 15,000 miles per year

Per the manual, they say use 5W-30 and it must be dexos approved.

So, what is the best oil and filter for my vehicle? Going to change it today.

And this site is fricking awesome, the technical forums are the best I've found, just mad I didn't find this site years ago.

I run a small fleet of GM vehicles including Savanas and Silverados with similar drivetrains. Note these vehicles are NOT hard on the oil.

Since you are under warranty you must use an approved oil. But the moment that is no longer a consideration you may choose virtually any semi-syn or full synthetic that is on sale and run it right down to zero via your OLM and enjoy nearly unlimited engine life!

I have a 2011 gmc sierra crew cab, and I use qsud with the ac delco pf48 oil filter can't go wrong, dexos approved oil and oem oil filter, the best part about it is its all under $30 at Walmart!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back