2007 Nissan Altima power steering fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change the fluid in my moms Altima.
Car has 92k on it.

Owners manual says use dealer fluid. Older Nissan's always used Transmission fluid.
I'm thinking its still the same ,but they want to me to purchase it from them.

What do you guys think?

A fluid meeting Dexron III/Mercon specification is suitable as per the factory service manual.

I am using Valvoline MaxLife in the PSF of my dad's '07 Altima without an issue. Any synthetic ATF will work well. If I recall correctly, MaxLife is synthetic.

I use Mobil 1 ATF in my Pathfinder which also specifies DexIII/Merc as suitable. No problems.

I use SuperTech Dexron VI in my mother's new G37 (FSM specifies this DexVI as suitable), changing one reservoir full every oil change to help evacuate break-in wear and keep the fluid fresh.

I don't think the fluid choice matters much here, what's more important is keeping it fresh.

Thanks for the quick response!
I just checked Amsoils site ,and ATF came up as well so I will be taking care of this soon.

I use Mobil 1 ATF in my 2007 Frontier and have since I bought it new. The Nissan dealer told me it was all they used. After 5.3 years and 50,000 miles, no problems, no leaks, no squeaks or growls.

I've been using Amsoil ATL in Nissan P/S systems (Altima and G35) without any issues. I would expect a multi-vehicle ATF to work just as well, too.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
I use SuperTech Dexron VI in my mother's new G37 (FSM specifies this DexVI as suitable), changing one reservoir full every oil change to help evacuate break-in wear and keep the fluid fresh.

Same here with my G, except replace SuperTech with Mobil Super. Between the manual and the cap, Dexron of any sort is fine, along with Matic J or Matic S and OEM PSF.

I use M1 ATF in my 07 Frontier's PS system. I use ML-ATF in the trans thou. I don't want to introduce HM additives to the PS system unless it is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back