XenTx Engine Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen or used this product. The information states that it does not contain any of the harmful things that we discuss on this site. Opinions???

XenTX

smile.gif

XenTx is a "new think" lubricant. It was developed by me because of an opportunity I had to work with the API for the development of the DoD's specification against any type of oil additive.

At the time, as now, PTFE and Chlorinated products abounded. When we tore engines down that failed prematurely and did SEM studies, filter studies, oil journal measurements, etc. we noticed a significant trend of corrosion, crystallization, agglomeration, oil starvation, increased wear metals, decreased pH, etc.

So I started a quest 17 years ago to develop a metal conditioning product that did NOT contain chlorine, did NOT contain any type of suspended products, did NOT use metal, did NOT depend upon a naturally derived carbon chain, did NOT utilize any type of petroleum distillate that would interfere with the delicate additive packages of the oil, did NOT change the viscosity of the in-situ fluid the product was added to, did NOT change any chemistry of the in-situ lubrication fluid.

With that in mind, I also wanted the product to utilize a detrimental friction by-product (wear metal debris) and through a recombinant process, use that very same wear metal debris to form extremely laminar layers of metal stearates upon the cathodic metal surface using three vectors of activation: 1. To utilize (even though it is very slight) the weak electrolysis process within the in-situ lubrication fluid to recombine with the anodic particles of loose metals in the fluid and "ride" the electromagnetic wave to the cathodic metal;(NOTE: Before you disagree with this remember there is no such thing as a completely anerobic environment in any type of current earthly vehicle. All current consumer vehicles are naturally asperated thus introducing small amounts of H2O through the combustion process into the oil.) 2. To interstitally diffuse the recombinant atoms into the metal's matrix through heat and pressure; 3. To utilize the vacancy method of diffusion to "fill-in" the micropits,asperities, etc.

XenTx does not rely upon a lubrication boundary layer in the form of fluid to be present in order to improve the friction coefficient.

We have a complete CD of testing available for purchase. It includes independent lab tests of: engine dynos completed and ongoing, chassis dynos completed and ongoing, SEM reports, Oil analysis galore, Ferrographic analysis onging, SAE J1321 test, double blind studies (ongoing), anecdotal stuff galore, etc.

Thanks for the Intro
The XenTx Guy

quote:

Originally posted by The XenTx Guy:
We have a complete CD of testing available for purchase.

Sorry, did I get it right? In order to make the purchase decision I need to purchase the data to base this decision upon? From the same vendor? I thought I might get some performance confirmation for free from the seller...

We have agreements in place that protect our area representatives, distributors, etc. Thus a price is attached to the complete information. However, if you have questions, want some specific information contact me at my email and I will be more than happy to supply it to you.

Our MSDS is posted somewhere on our site for your review. Long story short, ZERO Volatile Organics.

Thanks for the reply

quote:

Originally posted by boxcartommie22:
can you tell us whats in this or give us a voa of this product?

I added Xentx about 6 weeks before this oil analysis. You won't be able to see it in analysis.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000117#000000

I did some before and after testing of XenTx. I added it to a small container of new oil and stirred it up. I then dumped the small container full into a larger clear container of water. The XenTx drops to the bottom and the oil floats on the top.

I repeated the experiment with used oil from my vehicle which had been treated with XenTx and no trace of XenTx precipitated out. It was no longer in the oil. In fact it is hard to overfill with the suggested amount. I have seen a gallon disappear in a running detroit diesel within 15 minutes of adding it to an already full sump.

If I had to guess, my fuel economy is up about 9% from what I was getting at its best since new.

[ March 09, 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: wulimaster ]

Hate to be the cynic but I would think that any independent lab would love to have its name associated with a product even if test results etc could not be provided. We never ever seem to have available the names of these great independent labs?

quote:

Originally posted by Spector:
Hate to be the cynic but I would think that any independent lab would love to have its name associated with a product even if test results etc could not be provided. We never ever seem to have available the names of these great independent labs?

Then you would think wrong. Labs do not want to be pestered with phone calls and email asking if they really did the testing and if it was correct. Plus when samples are sent to labs they typically do not know or care what the sample will be used for or if indeed the product you purchase over the counter is the same product they tested or not. They will however answer to the FTC any questions posed to them regarding testing they have done.

quote:

1. To utilize (even though it is very slight) the weak electrolysis process within the in-situ lubrication fluid to recombine with the anodic particles of loose metals in the fluid and "ride" the electromagnetic wave to the cathodic metal

How do you generate electromagnetic waves in a fluid?

I have worked on Magnetohydrodynamic devices and would like very much to hear your theory.

quote:

2. To interstitally diffuse the recombinant atoms into the metal's matrix through heat and pressure; 3.

Using Fick's law, what is the rate of diffusion?

Theoretically then, after using this additive, we should see zero wear metals in a UOA since your additive has swept up the wear metal debris????

[ March 09, 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Lonny, welcome to the jungle,.. eh site...

Interesting technology explanation and thanks for sharing the intro. Were you working with Oil Extreme and or George French on the overbased Calcium adds ? Your name is familiar.

I look forward to seeing the product in action and thanks to wulimaster for sharing the UOA .

Terry

"It was developed by me because of an opportunity I had to work with the API for the development of the DoD's specification against any type of oil additive."

Curious about this statement that was posted as I don't believe API has even been involved in any type of project like this. Is this some sort of double talk?

In checking out the XenTx website, there are some incorrect assumptions or assessments made on the XenTx Competitive Comparison list with regards to the other products. Also the MSDS that is available does not provide very much information as many entries list that the information has yet to be established. One might ask "Where is the beef?"

Send me a free sample, and I'll test it in my car this summer, and publish the results here. If the fuel economy is as little as 5% better, I'll know, provided the Canadian government doesn't force refineries to start adding ethanol to the gas, like they've been talking about.

First of all Terry I love this interaction and the site!!!! Thank you. I also would like to express thanks to wulimaster for sharing the UOA.

Second and more specifically regarding MolaKule's theoretical hypothesis on Fick's Law. I am sure you could not be talking about Fick's first law because it is strictly confined to steady state diffusion such as hydrogen gas ‘leaking’ through a steel pipeline, in which it is assumed that the inner and outer surface concentrations are constant.

So that brings us to Fick's second law but before we go there we need to consider a more detailed insight into the term diffusivity. This is explained in terms of the atomic jump frequency, which is highly temperature-dependent. If I understood the UBB coding I could actually write the mathematical expressions here. Instead it comes out in bad grammar:). But here goes: D-Doexp{-Qid/RT}.

where D0 is the frequency factor and QID is equivalent to the enthalpy of interstitial atom migration, DeltaHm. Both these terms can be taken as material constants.

We also need to consider the type of distances involved in interstitial diffusion. It also highlights the difference between total and net diffusion distances (i.e. as given by a ‘random walk’).

That brings us to Fick's second law which requires A derivation. This applies to non steady-sate conditions, i.e. those in which interstitial concentration, CB varies with time. The general form of Fick's 2nd law is given by:

aCb/at=a/ax{Db aCb/ax} The solution for this using carburisation of Fe materials is C=Cs-(Cs-Co)erf{2square root of Dt}
CS = Surface concentration
C0 = Initial bulk concentration

Mojo please point out the discrepancies as you see them on the comparative analysis of different products on our website and I would be happy to respond.

Oilyriser please contact Nick Castellano at [email protected] for a sample. Good luck with the Canadian fuel!!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
wuli - I remember that analysis - why didn't you mention the xentx then? (or did you?)

I actually alluded to it in my post as well as the Fe based diesel catalyst. I didn't mention the product because it was a commercial and industrial product and it wasn't available for retail. My iron might be spiked in that oil analysis because of the diesel catalyst. I saw a huge spike in an OTR truck when they ran the catalyst. It makes it hard to do wear metals analysis. Sort of like if you were to run leaded gas.

I will be generating a list of the questions regarding the competitive comparisons, but how about responding to this initial question that I raised -

"It was developed by me because of an opportunity I had to work with the API for the development of the DoD's specification against any type of oil additive."

Curious about this statement that was posted as I don't believe API has even been involved in any type of project like this.

MOJO,

As you sound very aware, DoD looks heavily towards the API for guidance in many respects to oils, specifications, etc. However, on occasion the DoD has led the cutting edge towards the oil additive qualificaton process. I was invited as a consultant to work with some very prestigous leaders from the DoD in which I met several times with the API's lubricant additives council. Now having said that, I was told that the API was assisting with this effort. You could very well be right in that there was no official commissioned panel by API for the support of this effort. And I stand corrected.

You know memory is the second thing to go, and I forgot what the first thing is:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back