Post your latest modification to your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thread where you can post any modifications you have done to your car. Big or small post 'em!

I'll start: About two months ago I installed a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on my 2001 S-10 2.2L 4cyl.

I installed on my Burb a Gibson Exhaust single side-swept cat-back exhaust a few months back and will be getting a set of Gibson performance headers and an Airaid modular intake tube (MIT) in the mail in the next week or so. In a few months I plan on doing a Black Bear Performance PCM flash to maximize the gains from those mods.

20.gif

+1

Installed a Trunk Organizer from Advance AP in the Accord. Velcro's to the carpet real nice.

Went to the BMV and got the new plates for it and put those on.

Secured an appointment to have the Remote Start installed.

Real exciting stuff..................

This is my 2nd and last dynomax ultraflow Catback exhaust on the pathfinder. The 1st one lasted 13 years and 120k miles and have been repaired twice due to cracking and finally rusted out. If this one breaks or rusts before the truck quits it will be replace with a magnaflow.
DSC05999_zpsb8d752d5.jpg
DSC06027_zps267f3172.jpg

In the mustang I recently installed steeda Strut bar.
DSC05793_zps3e5e2934.jpg

i have a 2001 dakota V6 3.9. went from a 3.55 gear to a 4.1 posi. gained 3-4 mpg. course i only drive in town. thats the short story.

Volvo looks like this right now getting a new flame trap and associated hoses. Got some intake tubing from IPD since I have them all off anyway.

55B3BB34-5F5C-4321-B2F0-FF9DCB7F759E-7865-00000A24CEE615C3.jpg

The Mustang got 2000 Cobra R calipers with generic 12.99" rotors and cooling ducts that replace the splash shields. I still have to do the rears to Cobra spec and I have a bunch of stuff from Maximum Motorsports to throw on.

D7A058BD-25B2-4F14-8820-39B8871EF8CE-5507-0000071A58E4B9AA.jpg

not a fan of the rattle can'd Steeda Ultra Lites, those will get the soft rubber on them and I have a set of MM spec Konig Villians for everyday use.

B64CB106-5D66-4301-A5D9-532C8C17CDE4-5507-0000071A5D889060.jpg

Last mod I did was 2 years ago on the '62 Buick. I replaced all the brake cylinders, replaced all flex hoses with braided stainless steel, installed an all-stainless hard line kit, and new stainless exhaust system.

My old muffler rotted off, so I replaced it with a Magnaflow Stainless Steel. It has a nice low rumble without being too loud or annoying to others.

1354768719.jpg

1354768745.jpg

I've also replaced the stock Cat Convertor with a high flow one from Performance-Curve.com about a year ago, along with new O2 sensors.

Also installed a couple months ago seats from a Grand Cherokee. The seats bolt right up to the Cherokee seat tracks. Much more comfortable.
thumbsup2.gif

1338427079.jpg

I also installed an overhead console out of a Cherokee Limited. My Sport didn't come with one, so I had to buy the console, the bracket, and the wiring harness out of a junkyard. Everything hooked right up. Its a neat thing to have, and I also have all LED interior lights.

photo-64.jpg

And yes, that's Santa riding shotgun.
lol.gif

Subaru_LegacyGT_05-06.jpg

Basically I get 30HP gain(243>>270HP) and 30 ft-lbs(240>>270ft-lbs) of torque from a COBB Accessport no modifications. Just different tune on our 2005 Legacy GT wagon. Noticeable difference with little MPG penalty driving normally. Stage 2 is so tempting but not ready to drop $1000++ on new catback exhaust.

I just did the front brakes on my 1994 Chevy Impala SS with RWD, not the new 'Impala' with front wheel drive. I like to call this an 'upgrade', but it is really more of a OEM replacement with High Performance pieces. The replaced front components were the rotors, the pads and also I repacked the wheel bearing.
The new Centric rotors from Rock Auto Parts that sre "better" than those available as OEM-replacement at this point - PN 12562035 "Power Alloy" disc - as found in Rock Auto in the High Performance/Heavy Duty section of the Caprice/Impala rotor listings. These are high carbon for lower dust generation. Per the brake experts on my ISS forum, I stayed away from drilled or slotted stock-dimension rotors!!! To go with these rotors, it was recommended to use Baer DecelaPads. Very nice quality. Now my car doesn't pulsate when coming to a stop. Next mod is to replace the 5 brake lines with a Goodridge PN 12222 kit with PTFE hoses. This will necessitate a long overdue brake flush with Valvoline DOT 3/4 synthetic, not silicone! , brake fluid. After these items, I will start on the rear disc brakes with 'drum brakes' in the hub for the parking brakes only. Very satisfying job and very important to have in quick stops in heavy fraffic.
t

Put the snow tires on both cars. It came in handy a few nights ago when we were caught out in the heavy snow we had. It was nice being able to stop/turn in the snow.

installed my xm satelite radio from my last car and removed the huge "snorkle" from my air cleaner inlet. Other than that shes stock. would love to loose the hub caps, paint the steel wheels red, add chrome trim rings and lug nut covers and maybe some wide white walls to give it that 50's look, but I don't know if the money will ever be there to do that. also contemplating removing the black vinyl over my A pillars. I've seen this done on other 2nd gen. XB's and I think it looks pretty good. no going back if I do it though and decide I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back