Does a Fitch Fuel Catalyst work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tell you how people think they are getting better fuel mileage after adding these gimics. The first thing they do is istantly change the way they drive to try to get better fuel economy. Then they atribute the better fuel mileage not on their new driving habits, but on the gizmo they put on their vehicle. I myself think this is just another example of someone trying their best to come up with an almost beleivable claim for a product that doesent do jack.

Look on the manufacturer's websites, and you will have loads of testimonials of satisfied customers.

People who spend hundreds of bucks on a product (at least what they cost down here) tend to become satisfied customers.

As I said in the thread that rugerman attached, the statements made by the salesman all appear mutually exclusive.

Also, if they worked as claimed, every car sold in the U.S., with their CAFE targets would be fitted with one.

I have not used the Fitch. I have used the platinum vapor thing referred to in the above-cited thread. I put one on my 1990 Honda CRX Si back in '90. It actually, measurably worked. However, it evaporated all the solution very quickly from underhood heat.

I do think that if such things were such a universal no-brainer that CAFE would dictate that all the SUV-makers would install them. My suspicion is that these devices are either:

Not cost-effective except in perhaps isolated situations
or
One of those things that the factories leave to the aftermarket for a wide variety of reasons.

quote:

One of those things that the factories leave to the aftermarket for a wide variety of reasons.

Good point. If it's not a mechanical package that doesn't need maintenance ..or at least infrequent maintenance, they can't be interested. Could you see the costs of making your magic solution, that has to be replenished more often than washer solvent, available nation wide ....or assure 80k worth of reliabilty for your CAFE cert??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back