Front Valve Cover Off of 2002 Lexus ES300 - 1MZ-FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone! Just took off my front valve cover this morning to replace the gasket that was weeping a little bit. I'm very happy with what I found underneath. Engine has slight varnish, but aside from that look's awesome! It has 180k miles, I purchased it at 173k miles. So, not sure what oil it has been running but the car was dealer maintained till I purchased it. So I assume it was a decent name brand oil. I'm currently running PP 5W-30, and will be changing the oil out later tonight again with PP 5W-30.

This 1MZ-FE is post-sludge era. As this one was produced after July 2001.

IMG_0304_zps445ff473.jpg

IMG_0300_zps3cf88931.jpg

IMG_0301_zpseb8f9d2b.jpg

IMG_0306_zps3fcb5cc0.jpg

Originally Posted By: Turk
Looks good -- great job PP!

Think its more Good Job whatever name brand conventional dealer has been using rather than PP ( which is an awesome product ).

OP, looks real good. Keep it up.

Originally Posted By: Turk
Looks good -- great job PP!

Well, we don't know what it looked like before the PP
wink.gif
It could have looked the same, in which case, good job Toyota dealer fill, LOL
smile.gif

The Toyota sludge problem was mostly a consumer maintenance issue. Consumers thought so highly of Toyota motors , they neglected to change oils regularly. This is not just my opinion. I have owned 10 toys and best friend is a senior Toyota heavy tech.
Almost every "sludge" motor did not have proper documentation of oil changes which to me means that it was no coincidence.
Yes , the motors would sludge easier than others if neglected, but as far as a massive problem , there was none if you cared for the motor properly.
I myself owned 2 of them and NEVER had ANY issues with the motors up to over 150000 miles before I sold them. I just care for my stuff the proper way and used synthetic oil .

I don't like the 1st picture but I loved the 2nd one! Why don't you declare the 1st to be "before" and the 2nd to be after? Just call it amazing effect of De-jour elixir.

OK, I am kidding.

hate to bring up an old thread, but I agree - the first could be a before pic, the second one could be after the treatment of your choice.

Very clean - makes me wonder what oil that dealer uses and what the OCI's were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back