CT Goodyear Nordic Redesign for this Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone got to try out Canadian Tires latest version of the Goodyear Nordic Winter tire? The newest ones look like more of a slush tire, and the older ones look more like square blocks angled on the outer edges.

The older style look like black nitrile rubber and the newer ones look more like a lighter black with more silica in the rubber compound.

I installed a few sets of these and am very curious if anyone got to use them on snow and ice and how they handle, and if you like them or don't like them.

Yes, I did notice that when I was handling them the amount of siping was low and it makes me even more curious about them.

If I recall they balanced well and the sidewalls seemed fairly stiff and the overall quality seemed excellent.

They do make the old versions of the Nordics look like junk.

Edit: thanks for the link to the video, it really shows how the tires look so people can know what I am even talking about
smile.gif

Last edited:
they look like they would be pretty average but perhaps not as soft as blizzacks.

Tirerack tested goodyears new studless winter(ultragrip wrt) and while it was competitive in snow traction the ice traction was mediocre for a studless snow. Falling below that of the class leading ws-70, continental EWC, and michelin xice xi3

summary: IMO. possibly good tire if you can get a significant discount otherwise purchase name brand winter rubber that has proven performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back