I'm bored already and thinking of a new test...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron,

Been out all day. We'd love for you to run this test.

Do as Odis says and lets see what happens.

Jeff

quote:

Originally posted by Aaron:
So unless there are any objections.....

Well the test is meaningless then, IMHO, since that's not what directions say on the bottle of FP, and how many people actually use it that way?

I love my FP, but do we really need another test?

Granted, it would be nice to have more proof.

Personally, I'd rather you run Lucas for a while, prove it doesn't work! Then run FP to prove it does.

Like they said, what are you going to do when it's all clean?

If you test FP, I think it should be tested the way it was intended to be used. And that does not include soaking the CC with LC the night before. It sounds like cheating to me.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by darkdan:
I love my FP, but do we really need another test?

I'm not aware of any proof, where is all the proof you mention?

There's been plenty of personal testimony.

Here's pics of my results:

http://www.dantheoilman.com/images/valveclean.jpg
http://www.dantheoilman.com/images/valvedirty.jpg

The side that gets sprayed by the injector is clean and the other side is dirty. Not bad for a 143k mile car that has only had about 6000 or 7000 miles of FP.

Sadly, I couldn't get pics of the valves themselves, but they looked clean from where I was leaning over the car.

And I'm not saying don't do FP, but I'd like him to prove Lucas doesn't work before he proves that FP does.

I kinda agree with 427ZO6 here. Very few people are going to do the piston soak. If this is the test ...then it tells very little on how FP performs as it is typically used.

There are a number of combustion chamber cleaning techniques and agents that are quite effective without doing a piston soak. That is, this will prove more about the technique than it will the product.

The same could be said for intake valve deposits. The agents, all of various compositions and concentrations, hit the back side of the hot intake valve to do their tasks.

The main differences in effectiveness, in my experience, is how much or how long you use a given product.

FP is sold as a perpetual additive ..being in use constantly.

This is how it should be tested.

Your test will show if a piston soak is an effective technique.

One last thing before I get back to work.

As I said, it would seem that that majority want to see FP in action as opposed to Neutra. At this point I just need the FP rep to give the go ahead and detail the testing procedure. So maybe someone can poke him with a stick and get him to respond.
wink.gif

Otherwise I can go with Neutra which already has it's representative willing to go ahead with a test.

Yet another EDIT: I just noticed that there is a phone number on the Lube Control site. I'll see if I can't reach Odis Beaver today and get his approval for a test.

Oh, and for anybody that wants to know. Just like with my ARX test I don't want the product to be donated. I fully expect to pay for it as I don't want any test I do to be for compensation in any way shape or form. Keeps it honest that way.
tongue.gif

[ February 22, 2005, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back