Potential "experiment" here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking on the lines of 15 oz Synpower Oil Treatment to a 5 qt sump so if I take the quart down to 24 oz and add 2 oz Synpower I would have about that ratio. I do think I will warm it a bit and then shake, shake, shake.

The only remaining question is what oil to be the subject? Might as well be something that has not been VOA'd yet. A 10w30 works best for me, how about the new Mobil Clean 7500? Or I suppose someone has already VOA'd that.

Suggestions?

I may buy some 10w NAPA dino to water down my NAPA synthetic 15w50 to useable viscosity. Of course nobody will care about the 10w, but it might just more dramatically show any viscosity increase from the Synpower Ttmt.

Well, guess I should update this thread. I mixed the NAPA synthetic (mostly 10w30 and some 15w40, along with a little Redline) to approx 12.3 cSt. Drove it like this for a few hundred miles and the oil pressure was running 38 psi. Added 14 oz Maxlife Engine Protector (approx 100 cSt), which the viscosity calculator figures would bring my mix to about 14.2 cSt. Oil pressure is running about 42 psi now, which is about what I get with a 10w40. So I think one needs to take the thickening effect into consideration when using the Maxlife Engine Protector or Synpower Oil Treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back