Monarch Motorcycle Super Syn 15w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just poured Monarch Motorcycle Super Syn 15w50 into my Suzuki VStrom, DL650. I will run this oil for 3,000 miles and send a sample in to Blackstone for a UOA. I will also send in a sample from the bottle for a VOA.

100_1725.jpg

100_1724.jpg

pdsmonarchmotorcyle2.jpg

The oil performance data is on the PDS which is the Product Data Sheet
http://www.royalmfg.com/pds/MonarchMotorcyleSuperSyn15W50_pds.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
What's the special "V Twin" requirement? Is any different than oil for a "flat two"?

I will ask the Sales Rep to chime in, but I can tell you that I also run this oil in my 2000 Honda XR650R (oil can thumper) and plan to run it in my 2001 YZ426.

V-Twin is a euphemism for a Harley where they aren't stepping on any copyright toes.

Here's some info about Royal Mfg.
http://www.royalmfg.com/troco.html

I'd prefer a lighter oil (10W-40 or 5W-40) in the liquid cooled strom except in hot weather. If I was running an xW-50 wt, I'd use Schaeffer #707, really a top quality oil. Any syn should be good for more than 3000 miles, probably more like 5k.

So is this BigJohn ? There is a testimonial on the Monarch website from (apparently) 6/22. I don't think I would notice any consumption issues in two days either, unless it was 2 days of Iron Butt. My SV had the same engine. I only had 28k on it (traded for a ST1300) but I had no consumption on any 10w40, 15w40, 15w50 or (yikes!) 25w50 Pennzoil over 3k OCI's. That engine is practically bulletproof. While the price on Monarch is attractive for an MC specific oil, the kickback to Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders, the testimonial, and the post here seem too convienient. I'll wait for the UOA. I suspect it will shear like most other 15w50's.
"By accident, I was introduced to Monarch Motorcycle oil by Royal Mfg. At the beginning of a multi-day adventure motorcycle ride on my Honda XR650R (know to 'eat' and 'tear up' oil), I accidentally left my oil fill cap off the bike and started it. Well, oil flew everywhere....and I had no idea how much I had lost. A fellow rider (employee of Royal), happened to have some quarts of their synthetic 15w50 in his pickup. Not wanting to mix oils, by simply topping off, I drained the remaining oil I had and poured in the Monarch oil. After three, very hard days of riding, climbing high mountain passes, pushing the engine to very high temps....I didn't notice that I had burned any oil at all. Consumption was near zero. I have since put the oil in my VStrom (which has always burned oil on 75 mph interstate runs) and haven't noticed any consumption either. The bikes run really smooth and I am very happy with Monarch oil. Also, with the price at just over $6 a quart, it beats the heck out of $8, $10 and $12 oils. It will be poured in all my bikes from this point forward."
John Lane - Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders, President

Last edited:
Yes it is me. I lead and run RMAR and yes, AimHi has committed to donate a small percentage of the company profits. What everyone needs to understand is....RMAR does not keep a cent. It all goes to the Trails Preservation Alliance and/or the Colorado Off-highway Vehicle Coalition. Both these organizations fight for our rights as riders. I do not mean to lead anyone down the path of misrepresentation.

I am serious about my testimonial and it is the gospel truth.

Bean, I don't know of anyone who owns a DL650 that doesn't burn oil at 6-7k rpm runs for hours on end.....and I own three of them. Yes the engine is bulletproof and should easily make 100k miles.....but they burn oil at high rpm's. Even the race guys of the SV's recommend that the oil fill should be at the top of the sight window for a race.....as by the end....it will be at the low mark.

Yes.....UOA's are coming soon.

John

Originally Posted By: beanoil
So is this BigJohn ? There is a testimonial on the Monarch website from (apparently) 6/22. I don't think I would notice any consumption issues in two days either, unless it was 2 days of Iron Butt. My SV had the same engine. I only had 28k on it (traded for a ST1300) but I had no consumption on any 10w40, 15w40, 15w50 or (yikes!) 25w50 Pennzoil over 3k OCI's. That engine is practically bulletproof. While the price on Monarch is attractive for an MC specific oil, the kickback to Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders, the testimonial, and the post here seem too convienient. I'll wait for the UOA. I suspect it will shear like most other 15w50's.
"By accident, I was introduced to Monarch Motorcycle oil by Royal Mfg. At the beginning of a multi-day adventure motorcycle ride on my Honda XR650R (know to 'eat' and 'tear up' oil), I accidentally left my oil fill cap off the bike and started it. Well, oil flew everywhere....and I had no idea how much I had lost. A fellow rider (employee of Royal), happened to have some quarts of their synthetic 15w50 in his pickup. Not wanting to mix oils, by simply topping off, I drained the remaining oil I had and poured in the Monarch oil. After three, very hard days of riding, climbing high mountain passes, pushing the engine to very high temps....I didn't notice that I had burned any oil at all. Consumption was near zero. I have since put the oil in my VStrom (which has always burned oil on 75 mph interstate runs) and haven't noticed any consumption either. The bikes run really smooth and I am very happy with Monarch oil. Also, with the price at just over $6 a quart, it beats the heck out of $8, $10 and $12 oils. It will be poured in all my bikes from this point forward."
John Lane - Rocky Mountain Adventure Riders, President

Quote:
...a DL650 that doesn't burn oil at 6-7k rpm runs for hours on end.....and I own three of them. Yes the engine is bulletproof and should easily make 100k miles.....but they burn oil at high rpm's.
Yes, but probably not burning the oil past the rings, more likely increased crankcase oil vapor is blown into the air box and mixed with the intake air.

Reducing oil consumption is good if it doesn't harm the engine in other ways. If this oil provides protection for the engine as good or better than most other oils plus has less high rpm consumption, great.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
...a DL650 that doesn't burn oil at 6-7k rpm runs for hours on end.....and I own three of them. Yes the engine is bulletproof and should easily make 100k miles.....but they burn oil at high rpm's.
Yes, but probably not burning the oil past the rings, more likely increased crankcase oil vapor is blown into the air box and mixed with the intake air.

Reducing oil consumption is good if it doesn't harm the engine in other ways. If this oil provides protection for the engine as good or better than most other oils plus has less high rpm consumption, great.

Point well taken and I am as eager as everyone to see the UOA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back