How do you pronounce KUMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were factory supplied on our former Hyndais. I called them "prostitute" tires. I would have called then hooker tires, but that mght have been a copyright infringement with the company that makes Hooker headers.
crazy.gif

Actually they weren't bad. I did have a set on a VW Corrado back the day- they were darn near square. Horrible tires- I bought them in an attempt to get away from the factory Dunlops that only lasted 18K. Dealer let me trade tem in for full credit in 3 days. I ponied up for the Dunlops again. Kumho has come a long way.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
My rule of thumb: if I cannot pronounce the brand, I don't buy it.

you miss out on Metzeler, Barum, Vredestein...

I say koom-hoe. I have them on both the GS and the SC right now. I'm sure youtube could tell you, their ads are probably on there.

I hear people say either Koo-Moe or Koom-Hoe or Koom'-Oh. I think Korean or one who speaks Korean will know which one is correct.

Great way to be narrow-minded and miss out on some fantastic stuff.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
koom hoe

This is the closest to accurate. When I would have to call them when I worked at Sears there was a very cheerful recording that would say "thank you for calling Koom Hoe." I laughed every time.

But how would a Czech pronounce Barum?

Or the Dutch pronounce Vredestein?

The tire counter guys would pronounce it BEAR-um and Vred-es STEEN but my Swedish friend pronounces it bah (hard r)oom and VRED-esh-stine....but he is Swedish so
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog

you miss out on Metzeler, Barum, Vredestein...

ONLY if he has something with TWO wheels (save for the Vreds).
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back