Repair Manual for Generac ix series online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you Google "repair manual Generac ix2000 schematic", the first line that comes up "www.jackssmallengine.com has a down loadable copy of the repair manual for the Generac 1x800, ix1600, and ix2000.

You can save it and or print it.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
If you Google "repair manual Generac ix2000 schematic", the first line that comes up "www.jackssmallengine.com has a down loadable copy of the repair manual for the Generac 1x800, ix1600, and ix2000.

You can save it and or print it.

What about the Generac website? I would always go to the factory website if possible as there may be revisions.

Reading through that manual is shows that the electric generation section is based on an armature consisting of 16 permanent magnets that is factory balanced, and 4 non rotating field coils.

Since the armature is made of permanent magnets, and does NOT rely on residual magnetism like many of the 3600 RPM machines, there is no worry of it loosing residual magnetism if it sits for a long time (like a couple of years) between uses.

So if the carburetor is properly prepared for long term storage (StaBil and or RedLine SL1 was use in the fuel and the carb ran dry and then drained). I also spray some WD-40 down the very small idle air circuit hole, and some on the main jet where it exits into the air flow. And the cylinder is prepared for storage by spraying some StaBil fogging oil down the plug hole and pulling the rope with a rag over the plug hole, the putting the plug in and pulling the rope a few times, then lightly pulling the rope and stopping with the engine on a compression stroke so the valves are closed (both to not have the valve springs being compressed during storage, and to close off the cylinder from having ambient air enter and leave due to changes in atmospheric air pressure caused by weather, possibly resulting in water condensing out of the air and into the cylinder).

Getting back to the original thought of that last long run on paragraph. So if the carburetor and cylinder are properly prepared for storage, and it is stored somewhere safe from bad weather, this type of inverter generator should be able to sit for many years and still be reliable when it is needed.

Last edited:
BTW, the latest model of 2000 watt inverter generator from Honeywell, shown on ElectricGeneratoreDirect looks to be the exact same unit as the Generac ix2000, except the plastic for the outer shell is gray instead of orange.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Reading through that manual is shows that the electric generation section is based on an armature consisting of 16 permanent magnets that is factory balanced, and 4 non rotating field coils.

Since the armature is made of permanent magnets, and does NOT rely on residual magnetism like many of the 3600 RPM machines, there is no worry of it loosing residual magnetism if it sits for a long time (like a couple of years) between uses.

So if the carburetor is properly prepared for long term storage (StaBil and or RedLine SL1 was use in the fuel and the carb ran dry and then drained). I also spray some WD-40 down the very small idle air circuit hole, and some on the main jet where it exits into the air flow. And the cylinder is prepared for storage by spraying some StaBil fogging oil down the plug hole and pulling the rope with a rag over the plug hole, the putting the plug in and pulling the rope a few times, then lightly pulling the rope and stopping with the engine on a compression stroke so the valves are closed (both to not have the valve springs being compressed during storage, and to close off the cylinder from having ambient air enter and leave due to changes in atmospheric air pressure caused by weather, possibly resulting in water condensing out of the air and into the cylinder).

Getting back to the original thought of that last long run on paragraph. So if the carburetor and cylinder are properly prepared for storage, and it is stored somewhere safe from bad weather, this type of inverter generator should be able to sit for many years and still be reliable when it is needed.

Like the military, you could cover it with cosmolene?

i always figured the throttle servo would drive a mechanical governor. it looks like, however, the servo direct-drives the throttle plate, meaning it takes on the full-time rpm regulation duties with load changes. If it just drove a governor mechanism, it would just have to move to set a specific rpm, then remain there until loads required a higher rpm. interesting.

M

Originally Posted By: callbay
Generac manual search-

http://www.generac.com/Service/ManualSearch/

I entered the model no. 0057932 and the Generac site show three links. The top one is for the Wiring Diagram (two pages) that I did not see on the other site (www.jackssmallengine.com). However the other two links on the Generac site are both for the Operator's Manual (the manual you get with the generator).

Out of the two sites, only the site I first listed supplies the Diagnostic Repair Manual for the IX2000 (and 800 and 1600) Generac generator.

So if you want the Diagnostic Repair Manual and the Wiring Diagram you would have to visit both sites, The Generac one (enter model no. 0057932) to get the Wiring Diagram, and the jackssmallengine site to get the Diagnostic Repair Manual.

Also, www.jackssmallengine.com sells and stocks the parts for these gen-sets. I entered several parts into the online cart as if I were going to purchase them, and they all seamed to be in stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back