Auto-RX Results - Part Three - AFTER PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to see here people, move along...

The original two threads showing the first cleaning / rince cycles can be found:

First Cleaning Cycle
First Rinse Cycle
The pictures below show the results of a 5,000 mile CLEANING cycle along with PYB 10w30 and a 2,000 RINSE cycle with fresh PYB.

Currently 227,000 on my 98 Toyota Camry V6.

I'm not satisfied with the results at all and honestly, didn't expect anything either, after not seeing much cleaning happening during the FIRST cleaning / rinse cycles.

I'm now changed the oil again with PYB 10w30 and now the cleaning additive of choice is... wait for it... 12 0z of KREEN!!!
banana2.gif
thankyou2.gif

Will make a new thread showing the results in 1,000 miles. Hopefully there will be improvements in engine cleanliness with KREEN.
35.gif

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Originally Posted By: electrolover
It looks exactly the same! Good c hoice with the kreen.

The autoRX trolls will say that you photoshopped the valve cover to look bad.
laugh.gif

I've used MMO with the same results......

Haha. They are all worthless cleaners, IMO.

Any cleaner that will be able to clean up the hard to rear areas in my engine is a cleaner that WORKS! All others are a waste of money.

couldn't agree with you more but... it's still dirty in my eyes and could be cleaner
grin2.gif

I have never used AutoRX for cosmetic cleaning.

Please tell me that you went through all this trouble and you did compression tests. Could you please post the before and after compression test numbers? That is always where I noticed improvement with ARX. That and reduced fuel consumption at idle is another fairly easy and repeatable measurements to see results.

Last edited:
negative. I didn't measure the compression. This engine purrs like a kitten and i run it HARD to redline almost every day. I haven't had a single issue with the block, so i didn't see a need for measuring the compression.

I bought it to clean the internals, which is one of the main things A-RX advertises on their website.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
That and reduced fuel consumption at idle is another fairly easy and repeatable measurements to see results.

How are you measuring fuel consumption at idle? I'd like to measure it on my van just for the heck of it, and have no idea of an "easy and repeatable" way to do it. Thanks

Easily done if you have instant fuel consumption setting on fuel computer.

Failing that you could try one of the Bluetooth OBD2 code readers with a cheap or free iPhone App that can be used to measure and display all engine parameters in real time.

Originally Posted By: bigjl
Easily done if you have instant fuel consumption setting on fuel computer.

Failing that you could try one of the Bluetooth OBD2 code readers with a cheap or free iPhone App that can be used to measure and display all engine parameters in real time.

Thanks, I should have stated the year, my bad. 1988 is the year, I don't think it would be as easy.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Why would i do that? These are RAW images.

Have you seen the Before and After pics on the Arx site?
whistle.gif

Could it have gotten worse?? lol I see no change whatsoever Artem. I and I am sure I can speak for others, that this is a nice contribution to BITOG. Take it how you may;)

Thank You Artem and Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
I put the A-RX In the engine just to get rid of it. I don't expect much.

Looks like chocolate syrup on that VC.

Didn't you start a thread stating that the auto-rx you ordered arrived and you started the cleaning cycle or something,now you put it in just to use it up. What,was it just laying around the shop at arx and you just passed by or they shipped you a bottle they had laying around errrrr.
I apologize if I'm mistaken.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Could it have gotten worse?? lol I see no change whatsoever Artem. I and I am sure I can speak for others, that this is a nice contribution to BITOG. Take it how you may;)

Thank You Artem and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Chubbs, I try my best to help prove (or disprove) a product so others can benefit from the results i'm getting.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back