Dry Lubricant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bobbob
An instructor recommended a "dry" lubricant for my clips, what
do you guys use? Thanks

Called Magazines...clips are what you use to load magazines in a hurry.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
do you guys use? Thanks

+1 You beat me to it!! You learn the correct way to call it in gun ownership 101. I usually use a drop of Hoppes. They also make a dry lubricant that is what it is intended for.

Cleanliness is more important. When you clean your weapon, take the mags apart and clean the crud out. Also inspect your springs. If you need a lubed magazine to make it work over a clean one, you have some other issues(unless we are talking mega capacity mags like a 100rd beta mag)

However, if you wish you can use something like the S&W branded dry lube which is basically close to the Liquid Wrench dry lube since they make it for S&W.

I just wipe them down and maybe give the follower a drop of hoppes when I think of it. With polymer magazines, I would imagine they prefer to run dry.

Silicone spray would probably be the best. It goes on wet to flow into inaccessible areas then dries.

I have never seen a need to lube magazines. I like them dry. My guns are dripping wet with oil.

Last edited:
How do you guys know he isn't talking about these?

m1+garand+clip.jpg

clips0504.jpg

I bet dry lube would help.

images stolen from sipsey street regulars and CTD.

Good dry lubes include Birchwood Casey's Barricade, Eezox, and otis special forces dry lube. There are others out there but those are probably the most common ones you will find.

Not one little bit!
The Garand clips, .303 Brit/7.62x54r clips even the 5.56x45 clips are designed to run dry so they transfer minimum dirt into the firearm or it's magazine.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
How do you guys know he isn't talking about these?

m1+garand+clip.jpg

clips0504.jpg

I bet dry lube would help.

images stolen from sipsey street regulars and CTD.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
do you guys use? Thanks

SKS uses a clip. I used dry lube sprays on them for a night/day difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back