Good Trap Shooting Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Falken
^^Winchester autos are made by Fabrique Nationale (FN)?

If that is also the case with Brownings, that would explain the great quality.

Yep they are. The Model 70 Winchester is now also made at an FN USA plant. Brownings have a mixed history of being made mostly by FN, but also Miroku (later A5's), and Beretta.

But the Browning Gold and Silver and the Winchester Super X2/3 are cousins made by FN.

For 400 bucks you might be able to find a CZ 712. I have one as my beat around gun and it worked well for busting clays. I did once bust a firing pin but CZ sent me a free one.

I'd also recommend a Browing or Beretta O/U. I've used a number of autoloaders for shooting clays, and nothing beats an O/U for ease of loading. I typically shoot about 150rds per visit.

I wouldn't trady my Citori for anything. I'd have liked a beretta, but they just didn't fit my face shape well. Couldn't get the top rail lined up to my eye. Anyhow, if you can swing it, I subscribe to the buy-once cry-once school of thought when it comes to firearams. Of course, if I was 20 years younger, I probably couldn't afford to.

For $400 you should be able to get a used CZ O/U which I understand to be built in Turkey. You might also try to seek out a used Franchi, which are made in the Beretta factor IIRC, they might come in around that price range used.

Also, if I ever had to defend myself with a firearm in my home, I'd wan't the jury looking at the beautiful walnut stocked O/U on the evidence table. A gentleman forced to defend himself with his pheasant gun....not my menacing looking M14. I think the trial in that case (which is a certainty in Canada) takes on a different mood in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back